Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello folks, I'm a complete noob to modding but I just bought a '95 accord sedan 2 weeks ago, was originally looking for a civic but got a sweet deal on an accord, so forgot about the civic real quick. Now, I'm looking for new headlights and tail lights but I'm clueless in this area (and lotsa others, but I'm doing plenty of reading mates). I see lots of alezza headlights on www.procarparts.com, are they any good? Also, why does the website state if the tail lights are legal or not? what makes a head/tail light legal? do I need to replace the stock corner lights and signal lights for the head lights to operate properly and have the complete look or will the headlights upgrade alone be enough? Also what are the projector lights and how come there's always one in blue? (I don't want one of the lights to be blue, that's too flashy for me) One last question, what's the best site for ordering parts?(i.e. cheap prices but reliable service?) I heard of procarparts.com from a buddy but I don't really have a measure of whether their prices are good? Thanks again and cheers mates.

-Pooh

PS if the user "culmination" is reading this what are those headlights w your "old baby" accord pic?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Procarparts.com SUCK! They dont have SHIT instock! You 'll be waiteing for a MONTH till you get you parts! They also have very SHITTY coustomer service! They dont speck ENGLISH that well! You cant understand a damm thing they said!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would have to say Ebay is my best friend. :D

Just get whatever you like....but remember you get what you pay for......

From my experiences, I definately reccommend getting the brand name stuff...If your serious about keeping your car for a long time anyways

I'd get the JDM headlights

·
Registered
161 Posts
procarparts

id have to disagree, i think procarparts is great, well atleast to me they were, i found them on ebay, and got lots of my clear light from them, always took less then a week for delivery, considering its from west coast to east... i think thats pretty damn good.

·
Registered
217 Posts
dont get jdm headlights teh are too expensive just take your lights apart and take them to a body shop and have them paint the inside to look lke the jdm black housing and also what color car you got ??? alot of people hate altezas i dont mind em but if you car is black buy the altezas and take them to body shop and paint all the chrome reflector stuff black it looks so good other wise you could get clear tails and fog out the bottoms looks tight my $.02

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
make your own black housing headlights for around $8 in supplies. They make black housing altezzas too. If you're actually thinking of getting altezzas, get the s-type. any other one is played out years ago.

·
Registered
349 Posts
get the jdm headlights of auto dynanamic.com and get seom type s back lights then go for a mugen kit and cf hood with some eyelids and a mid wing with jdm sidemarkers and ur set. or that how i will do it if i had an 95

·
Registered
547 Posts
Ebay has pretty good deals. I bought my euro clear corners for my 97 accord for 10 bucks shipped. I also bought my clear bumper lights for 20 bucks shipped. For the tail lights, my boyfriend cleared them out by himself with a saudering iron (sp?) just as Culmination did.

·
Registered
578 Posts
remues said:
get the jdm headlights of auto dynanamic.com and get seom type s back lights then go for a mugen kit and cf hood with some eyelids and a mid wing with jdm sidemarkers and ur set. or that how i will do it if i had an 95
wow..sounds like u have it all plan out even though u dun got one..lol;)

·
Registered
578 Posts
cryogen97 said:
make your own black housing headlights for around $8 in supplies. They make black housing altezzas too. If you're actually thinking of getting altezzas, get the s-type. any other one is played out years ago.
i just noticed yur car..u should do rear brake disc conversion. ur car would look much nicer..not dat its not nice alreadie;)

G

·
be different and get phantom headlights like me... they look really sweet! i dont have pics of them on my car yet but give me a few days.

·
Registered
161 Posts
those angel eye headlights dont look too bad... might wanna check those out

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks so much for the info mates. I think I'll go with the black angel eyes headlights, is $120+ shipping a decent deal for these headlights? As for tail lights, the s type altezza's w black housing look good ($85+ shipping a good deal?), my car is black so these should go well with 'em. Thanks again mates, but a quick follow up, what about the stock yellow signal lights? I see pics where u guys don't even have the yellow signal lights (culminations old baby), is'nt that illegal? That's the only thing that confuses me about these custom head/tail lights, the yellow signals are missing from all of 'em. Please educate me about this. thanks in advance and cheers.

-pooh

·
Registered
161 Posts
awesome, good luck on ur ride

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.