Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car shakes when i step on the gas. sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt. i just got my driver side axle replaced. and now this started happening the next day. it seems to occur betwen 40 to 70 mph, although im not totally positive. seems fine over 80mph. my car also is having an electrical problem right now where the alternator is not charging even though i have a new alternator. do you guys know what might be the problem?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
when u have any part of the suspension worked on, you would need to have an alignment done. it might also be another part of the suspension that wasn't properly re-installed.. but typically, a shaking at those speeds you said is the result of off balanced wheels/tires.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
not really... usually with a off balance wheel, the vibration usually occurs around 55-70 mph. at 80, it normally goes away. it had something to do with gear ratios, harmonics or frequencies, or something. i couldn't remember what. the vibrations occurs only at certain intervals, and in this case... the rpm of the tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.