Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

anybody have drag gen 3 turbo kits?!?!

1610 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  blueSI
any problems or regrets?!? thanks!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Yes, I had it, and no, there are no regrets. The install was very frustrating, but now that I know how to do it, my next install on my new car will be a snap. Make sure you get the tial wastegate and upgrade the oil return setup.....
azkk00 said:
Yes, I had it, and no, there are no regrets. The install was very frustrating, but now that I know how to do it, my next install on my new car will be a snap. Make sure you get the tial wastegate and upgrade the oil return setup.....

He is right about getting the tial wastegate and the stainless steel oil return set up, however, im still running the deltagate for now, no problems at all spiking boost, my install wasnt too frustrating, just time consuming. im very happy, i got my kit for 3000 shipped brand new, including greddy turbo timer, missing link, apexi boost and egt gauges, this all brand new and shipped, basically i got the kit for a little less than 2600, i love it
cdoome2 said:

He is right about getting the tial wastegate and the stainless steel oil return set up, however, im still running the deltagate for now, no problems at all spiking boost, my install wasnt too frustrating, just time consuming. im very happy, i got my kit for 3000 shipped brand new, including greddy turbo timer, missing link, apexi boost and egt gauges, this all brand new and shipped, basically i got the kit for a little less than 2600, i love it
Where did you get your kit, that's a really good price!?
cdoome2 said:

did u have to do any fabrications to install the kit??? and does the upgraded parts cost more??

dan
To get the special price for the kit, you need to go to www.**********.com and register. It should be in the forced induction section. I dont know if the deal is over, but I am sure if you call or go to www.importparts.com, and speak to be, he will work something out for you.

Nothing really has to be fabricated. It is basically bolt on except for the welding of the oil return line to the pan, welding a flange onto the downpipe, and shaving about an inch and a half off your block to fit the compressor housing. Besides that, like cdoome2 said, its very time consuming. Download the install instructions at importparts.com since the kit does not come with any.

**********.com also has a very good forced induction forum. They have helped me out a TON with my turbo questions.
a guy i know is good friends with the guys at drag, email me at [email protected] and ill send you his email.....

dan - no i didnt have to do a damn thing to the kit except install it, however i chose to get some earl fittings and stainless steel line for the oil return line, its about $60. and you have to get the oil pan welded, its not bad at all.

also like stated before, ben @ importparts.com is a great guy, they do great deals....the tial wastegate i think is like $250 ill have to get one down the road when and if the deltagate starts to act up. talk to ben or email if you want more info where i got mine, i talked to ben a few times, he knows his shit, its just i couldnt pass up the deal i got. i know the honda*tech keeps getting blipped out, but check it out.

cheers
See less See more
1/4 rimes and reliability

what are your quater mile times and what are your internals to get these on the stage 3 kit, or do you need new internals and at what boost u running.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.