Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if anyone has heard of gude.com and ever got any of their products. They claim up to 50 horse increase for about $1650 keeping the car n/a and just doing things like regrinds and porting and so on..... I haven't heard anything good about them but i also have not heard any negative.

:confused :bomb

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If its any consilation I did search, but my question is different. I was curious if people have actually gotten any of the products they advertise. and if so, if it was worth it. I hadn't come across anything in the search that i had been looking for. Other then that, i was curious as to whether or not a cam, port polished head, bored throttle body and ported intake would react to the car, or the car to it i should say. I mean I've been talking to one kid who got a very small port and polish along with a cam and said the gains were very good on his 95 lx..... I know someone is oging to say something about, you should just get a turbo, or you should just do a swap. HOWEVER that is not the question. Other then that thanks for the reply or at least looking. :)

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
SlowRide said:
I was curious if anyone has heard of gude.com and ever got any of their products. They claim up to 50 horse increase for about $1650 keeping the car n/a and just doing things like regrinds and porting and so on..... I haven't heard anything good about them but i also have not heard any negative.

:confused :bomb
For about $500-600 more I can get you about 100-200hp gain hahaha and not be running on the edge of insanity too.
You push a Econobox motor that high NA and it may start to give you issues that you never knew could exist...........and not only that gude hasnt really had a good bill of reputation at all.
Porting and throttle body will give you a more reliable gain and efficiency increase.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS TSM!?!?!

THANK YOU TSM_Pikachu!!!! Seriously, thank you for reading the question and making a valid point. INstead of just ranting a one or two phrase, "I'm better then you" comment. And now that you've given me a price range for a setup that YOU can do, (I'm assuming turbo) I'd love to know more. I've been attempting to explore ALL possibilities but some people don't like to take a second to think while answering questions. and for the 2 grand range, i am interested in a turbo setup because the only thing i've found for them are crappy kits that cost way too much.

And Ultra, as far as your glorious recommended parts thread. Yes it is very helpful and has a lot of information in it. However, just because gude is not in it, does not mean it is not a feasable option. Not to mention, because it is not in there, gives even more reason for a person to ask about it when they come across it. ALSO it is a RECOMMENDED PARTS thread which you personally get to pick and choose to add to as you please. I'm not going to doubt that you know a lot about cars or even question the knowledge you know, I've seen your posts and you run this board for a reason and I appreciate the service you give us as a community.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
SlowRide said:
And Ultra, as far as your glorious recommended parts thread. Yes it is very helpful and has a lot of information in it. However, just because gude is not in it, does not mean it is not a feasable option. Not to mention, because it is not in there, gives even more reason for a person to ask about it when they come across it. ALSO it is a RECOMMENDED PARTS thread which you personally get to pick and choose to add to as you please. I'm not going to doubt that you know a lot about cars or even question the knowledge you know, I've seen your posts and you run this board for a reason and I appreciate the service you give us as a community.
The idea is if its not in the recommended parts list, its not going to be worth the time or money (unless the product is completely new and revolutionary...which is highly unlikely on a 11 year old car). The staff here has been around vehicles and performance for quite some time, so its safe to say if its feasible it will be in the recommended parts list.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
street_accord94 said:
The idea is if its not in the recommended parts list, its not going to be worth the time or money (unless the product is completely new and revolutionary...which is highly unlikely on a 11 year old car). The staff here has been around vehicles and performance for quite some time, so its safe to say if its feasible it will be in the recommended parts list.

You basically said what i just did in a different context....

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
SlowRide said:
You basically said what i just did in a different context....
But if you said, then she said and then I said what he said and then what she said made sense then wouldnt we follow what he said and she said and all claim what they said and..............................ok ya im bored at work hahahahaahahah:hehe

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
and pikachu has said what's been covered w/ the search function and i gave you the simple answer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.