Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is fucked up, it wont read discs, i tried adjusting the amout of laser that hits the disc and fucked it up. I now need to replace the entire laser itself. It is gonna cost me 130 bucks to ship it off the sony and have them do it. Anybody know a cheaper way of doing this?

Thanx

·
Registered
253 Posts
is that how you fucked up your laser by trying to make it read scratched disks better? I think you are fucked! maybe you should just get a new ps2 and now you will have extra parts. that sucks man :( good luck with whatever you do.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I send it off to Sony they will replace the laser for 130. Thats probably what im going to have to do becuase I am running out of options.

·
Registered
253 Posts
kRaZiEwHiTeRiCe said:
If I send it off to Sony they will replace the laser for 130. Thats probably what im going to have to do becuase I am running out of options.
Dude that sucks but I think it is your only option. Will they fix it b/c you broke the seal when u opened it?

·
Registered
268 Posts
dude..just look online for a place that fixes video game consoles..i found a place that'll fix mine for 80 instead of the 130 sony wanted

i lost the url though..sorry

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Well funny thing is the new v4 ps2 plays DVD's and anything a lot better....it has a stronger laser.

I would just keep the old one , try adjusting it back to normal levels....im sure you can take it somewhere to get them to do that for yah....i doubt you need to replace it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts