Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

BIG WINNER ^

Audi dominated the P1 class at the 12 Hour Sebring debut of the American Le Mans Series in Florida today. I watched it from 10am till 10pm, yes... ALL DAY. Audi was in the lead from the beginning, held it till the end. They kept saying how this was history in the making, a day that would revolutionize automotive racing. The Audi R10 is a 650hp, 850lb/ tq. 5.5 litre all aluminum V12 twin-turbo TDI.

AUDI MAKES HISTORY AS DIESEL-POWERED R10 TDI WINS MOBIL 1 TWELVE HOURS OF SEBRING
http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=1872

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DriftKingB18 said:
Yea I watched a couple of hours didnt see the end though, those SPYKER C8's look tight, too bad they didnt perform too well, and I also gained alot of respect for corvettes, I didnt think they would perform that well, I underestimated them.
they lost bad to the aston martin's though... well not bad, but there was that huge battle for 3rd in the last hour they didn't capture.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Yeah that was a great race, It would have been better if the other Audi was racing and they were both racing for the lead like use to do in the R8's. Now if only they can fix the overheating problems, and get the third car built then it will be a force to be reckoned with at Le Mans. Audi has always been a great team, some of the best drivers, reliable cars, I think I even have a tape of them at Le Mans where they changed a whole entire rear end in like 25 mins if you ever see team Audi work on the cars they get it timed down and perfected just like the Vette team. When Audi brought on board Reinhold Joest, the whole team became this huge quick working force, it’s really cool.

I don’t know how they are gonna perform in Le Mans cause that’s more of a high speed track, and the conditions are usually really different than that on Sebring. Yeah the track is rough at Sebring but Audi’s tend not to have problems with falling apart. It will be interesting watching them race at Le Mans.

I can't wait to go to Houston. I am totally gonna try to get everywhere at that race.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lemansfreak2004 said:
Yeah that was a great race, It would have been better if the other Audi was racing and they were both racing for the lead like use to do in the R8's.
actually saturday morning the two audi cars were leading first and second place for much of the day until they had to retire the number 1 car. plus many other cars got retired that day for issues that needed to be resolved, like the porsche number 7 car.

I can't wait to go to Houston. I am totally gonna try to get everywhere at that race.
you're going to the second round of the series in may?! YOU LUCKY BASTARD!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts