Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for 94+ tegs...... have your dual filament always on to make the light brighter by switching the 2 wires in the wire harness? i did this and it melted my clear corners any way not to and still have it bright as hell?

·
Registered
110 Posts
1200mk said:
for 94+ tegs...... have your dual filament always on to make the light brighter by switching the 2 wires in the wire harness? i did this and it melted my clear corners any way not to and still have it bright as hell?
Umm, so wait you want both filaments to be lit just not at their full capacity? I'm sure there's probably a way, but why don't you just hook it up the right way and use one filament most of the time, and both when the blinker is supposed to blink or whatever? That seems like it would be tacky bright to me.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wanted to simulate the IS fog lights bright yellow!

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have u seen what iam talking about?........ its really dope ..... superwhite low beems and bright yellow blinkers.... it wont be the same with fogs

·
Registered
110 Posts
1200mk said:
have u seen what iam talking about?........ its really dope ..... superwhite low beems and bright yellow blinkers.... it wont be the same with fogs
So you're going to replicate this with a dual filament bulb? I thought your original question was how to make both of the filaments light up at the same time without melting your lenses? I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
u kno when the blinkers blink, the middle dual fil brigten up....... well i switched the red and green wires on the back of the wire harness to have it that the dual filament bulbs dont blink no more but are alway at the brightest, but when i did this it melted the clear corner housing

·
Registered
110 Posts
1200mk said:
u kno when the blinkers blink, the middle dual fil brigten up....... well i switched the red and green wires on the back of the wire harness to have it that the dual filament bulbs dont blink no more but are alway at the brightest, but when i did this it melted the clear corner housing
Why not just get a single filament bulb then that stays on all the time? Just don't wire it to your turn signals. You could tap into your headlights as a power source so that the bulbs are only on when your headlights are on. Then they wouldn't blink and the bulb wouldn't get excessively hot either.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think you can do they with a different number bulb. :confused: I wish I could tell you which one. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Put a resistor in the path between the power source and the bulb. It will restrict the current flow which will reduce the brightness of the bulb. It will still be brighter than having just one filament on, but it won't be so hot where it would melt your corners again.

If you have a digital multimeter check the current by measuring it in series with the lights turned on. Also check the voltage in the circuit. You could then go to radio shack, tell them your current, voltage, and wattage of the bulb you are using and they could probably recommend the size of resistor you would need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts