Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car in today to do it, I got the checked the car in, on of the guys whent to get my milage, my alarm went off, then the honda dealer told me that they could do it but they would have to cut the alarm wire to the ignition and would not hook it back up because i had and aftermarket alarm, did anyone else have this problem???

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know its for the 98 and 99 but im not sure if its for any other years, I did call best buy where i got my alarm installed and they said that as long as i had the paperwork and all they had to do is reconnect the wires that there would not be any charge which i cool so now im taking it back in on thursday

· Registered
1,393 Posts
are all 98 supposed to get the recal?
i hadn't gotten anything in the mail yet about it i got a 98 civic hx ...

whats the recall about?

· Registered
1,393 Posts
klungemonger said:

I think only certain VIN #s are affected, if yours isn't on the list I guess don't worry about it.
is there a list i can see or they have a list and would of sent something out?

· Registered
380 Posts
KiddEng said:
is there a list i can see or they have a list and would of sent something out?
I would like to see this list as well if there is one. My girl bought her 99 DX used and how would honda know if she has the car and not the original owner?

I'm sure the original owner would trash the notice at this point...

· Registered
155 Posts
Kinda odd cuz I hadn't heard of this recall until this post, they didnt send me anything... I actually had the car shut off while I was driving it on the freeway once, I figured that it must have been my fault (maybe i bumped the key off or something) but now that I think about it, that was probably related to this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.