Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up running out of room under the hood for my MSD 6T in the 86, so I came up with the idea of mounting it upside down under the dash, on the passenger side, I know the book says not to mount it that way, But I called MSD, and thats just if it's mounted where it's exposed to moisture.
I could mount it right side up on top of the plate, but it would interfere with the choke cable, I think it gets better airflow under the dash anyway. I'm going to make some spacer plates, raise the box about a quarter inch off of the plate, and install a computer fan over it, this will pull cool air over the box.

I had already reinforced the bar under the glovebox, for the bell crank for the choke cable. I'll put an additional bracket on the back of the plate, at the firewall.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I raised the box on aluminum spacers, well actually lowered it, and did some mill work, I'll mount a computer fan on the side behind the glovebox, this will force some cool air through the channel under the box, this should help to keep it from overheating. when it's mounted you really don't see much of anything, it sits way up under the dash. this also gives me a place to mount some electronic racks up behind the dash

·
Registered
63 Posts
niiice. on my 145 whp project remix (yellow hatch in my .sig) i had the MSD 6A mounted inside the car. i just screwed it to the shifter tunnel. it worked fine for 2 years but car was stolen in 2006. :-(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts