Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just checking out Crowers website and no body offers stock replacement camshafts for our motors! They do how ever offer regrinds for about 80 bucks if i read the website correctly, Has anyone ever done this before cause that would be well worth it for an extra 10-12 hp.

· Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do u have any info about it? Your FI and im staying NA, so i wonder what you would get compared to me?

· Registered
278 Posts
there is a shop here in Salt Lake that will do it for me.
as far as gains between FI & N/A i am curious to see the differance.
im doing it so i can boost more.

· Registered
97 Posts
What's up guys, I see that we 4drs are busily working on our cars for the summer/spring! I'm building up my d16y7 right now and was wondering what your plans were. Right now I just bought and AEM cam gear and a port and polished head. Some guy on this forum is selling a bored out throttel body..but I dont know exactly what gains to expect from that and if it is worth it since I want to go turbo on my car. I'm looking at getting new pistons and rods to go along with the p&p head and cam gear. As for my automatic tranny (yeah, it's in automatic:(), i've looked at levelten.com and was thinking about buying the torque converter. From what I've read/heard it's too hard to switch to manual and automatics aren't that bad..especially when it's turboed! Is there anything else I should be looking for to build up my engine? It's got 63k on it right now (i drive alot) but I was thinking about just buying another D16y7 block to build up and drop in when i was all done. I think I saw a website that did sell camshafts for our engine, but I'll have to look into it again and post it up for you guys. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :) Oh one last thing...how hard was it to put your turbo on, and would you happen to know how much of a gain you have?

· Registered
14 Posts
Bryan and Shypino,

You both have sedans. And, you both went with 17's - why? I too have a sedan and am trying to make that rim decision. Those Caffeines weigh 20lbs - would you have gone with something lighter? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mike

· Registered
97 Posts
MikeL said:
Bryan and Shypino,

You both have sedans. And, you both went with 17's - why?
Well, I've seen civic's with 18's and that tire is WAY too small for me. I live in omaha and we've got potholes galore here, i need as much rubber between my rims and the road! 18's look sweet, but again, another reason is i dropped my car about 2"...i do'nt think you can do that if you've got 18's on unless you camber your car and roll the fenders out. The tantrums aren't too heavy, but they look sweet IMO.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.