Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone in a VTEC Lude ever raced a Corrado G60 or VR6? The only one I ever raced was a non-vtec (94?) and it was slow. My friend in his 92 300xz TT(automatic) raced one (93-94 vtec)and it was hanging decently, even though the Z won out above 100mph........... I'm not flaming by any means just curious about everyones experiences if theyve had any.:D

· Registered
1,901 Posts
I've never raced a Corrado, but I just so happened to race a Jetta VR6 in my ricey red racer and beat him by about a car. Oh, I've also got an F22A non-VTEC automatic. :D I'd have to say an SI or VTEC would steam roll a VR6

· Registered
1 Posts
I used to own a 1994 VR6 Corrado. It was very fast stock. I didn't do much to it. T/B, intake manifold, exhaust, chip, intake filter. Probably had 230 hp at the crank. Beet alot of stock Mustangs & older 350 Camaros. Only ! tricked out 95 Civic Si where I live, & roasted his ass severely> He was a shit head anyway. Had to sell it to buy a house though. I just bought a 1989 Civic DX & am in the process of replacing the motor with a B16A1. I was always a VW nut, but now it is time for a change. Besides, VW parts a fuckin expensive.

· Registered
6,756 Posts
Matt said:
I've never raced a Corrado, but I just so happened to race a Jetta VR6 in my ricey red racer and beat him by about a car. Oh, I've also got an F22A non-VTEC automatic. :D I'd have to say an SI or VTEC would steam roll a VR6
Dude, are you sure the person was even aware you were racing? C'mon now.. .

· Registered
148 Posts
never heard of any races with corrados. they're pretty tight though. that one in your sig is the shit.

· Registered
2,368 Posts
TSWG said:

hes talking about a JETTA VR6, and yeah those are slow as all hell. youre probably thinkin bout a golf VR6... vr6 jettas are a joke when it comes to drag racing (at least from my experience)

Matt: can you post pics of your ride? he us 4th gen red luders gotta stick together!

peace

· Registered
1,901 Posts
TSWG said:

Well, when your heads up on a two lane road with a flagger in the middle and 1320 ft marked off, I'm pretty sure he was aware. This wasn't the first time I beat him either. Everytime we raced he always had the excuse "i missed a gear". Last night it was "I couldn't get into 4th." I was already a car ahead when I clicked it into 4th at 90. I'll get some video next week. ;)

· Registered
2,368 Posts
Matt said:

Well, when your heads up on a two lane road with a flagger in the middle and 1320 ft marked off, I'm pretty sure he was aware. This wasn't the first time I beat him either. Everytime we raced he always had the excuse "i missed a gear". Last night it was "I couldn't get into 4th." I was already a car ahead when I clicked it into 4th at 90. I'll get some video next week. ;)
i believe it.

hey, you got pics?

· Registered
1,901 Posts
If anyone knows of a grill that will fit give me a yell! The front end is kinda beefed from my girls dad not knowing how to drive a van, and the back is crinkled from some old man bumping me on the street. I was parked on the curb :mad:

how do i include the pic, not as an attachment? I checked the f.a.q. doesn't say. <----- I'm a newbie still, cut me some slack!

· Registered
2,368 Posts
Matt said:
If anyone knows of a grill that will fit give me a yell! The front end is kinda beefed from my girls dad not knowing how to drive a van, and the back is crinkled from some old man bumping me on the street. I was parked on the curb :mad:

how do i include the pic, not as an attachment? I checked the f.a.q. doesn't say. <----- I'm a newbie still, cut me some slack!
nice, if you have any more, post em up

peace

· Registered
2,092 Posts
ive raced a corrado G60 and won...but i think the VR6 could take me pretty easily. i was considering getting a corrado because they look so tight but i couldnt come close to affording one...insurance, parts, etc.

· Registered
322 Posts
Never raced a Corrado, but I'll give any VW with a VR6 respect. I took on a VR6 Jetta with I/E/chip and I only beat him by a car or so. And anyone who says all Jettas are slow, the VR6 is ~2900 Lbs with 172 HP and 173 Tq so it's onl;y a hair slower than a stock 4th gen VTEC. The Corrado VR6 is the same engine, only minus 100 lbs. With your setup in your G60, you should be able to mess up a VTEC Lude pretty bad, given there's only a 14 HP difference between the G60 and the VR6 in stock trim (158 vs 172)

· Registered
283 Posts
Oh yeah

I raced a Corrado once last spring and took it up to about 65-70mph before letting off but I had him by about a carlength. That was b4 any mods. I don't know if it was a G60 or VR6 though, prbaly a G60 I'd say.

Oh yeah

I've never raced a Corrado, but I just so happened to race a Jetta VR6 in my ricey red racer and beat him by about a car. Oh, I've also got an F22A non-VTEC automatic.
nothing personal but I think you're fulla shite

· Registered
148 Posts
nice ronald mcdonald interior.

· Registered
20 Posts
I owned a 94 VR6 Corrado before I got my Prelude. In my honest opinion, I feel that the Corrado was faster than the Prelude. At the local 1/8 mile track my Corrado ran 9.1 with a 50 shot and NO other mods. My Prelude, with the same nitrous kit has only run 9.6. I don't know if has to do with the fact that I have 18's on my Prelude versus 17's on the Corrado. After the nitrous install, I did intake, exhaust, thermostat, lightened flywheel, clutch and a chip. That car was a monster. I had a really good hookup on service at the local VW dealorship so the car always ran pretty good. There were problems though. The sunroof had a tendency to fail. The motorized rear wing fails. They run really hot. Just a lot of little things. I would say that the Jetta's are pretty slow, but the GTI and Corrado VR6's would probably hand most of you your azzes. Now don't get me wrong, I've learned a lot since I've gotten my Prelude. No problems thus far, I like the cosmetic mods that I've installed so far. I've gotten a lot of shit from my VW boys about coming over to the "dark-side" but it's been totally worth it!

· Registered
55 Posts
danmakG60 said:
Has anyone in a VTEC Lude ever raced a Corrado G60 or VR6? The only one I ever raced was a non-vtec (94?) and it was slow. My friend in his 92 300xz TT(automatic) raced one (93-94 vtec)and it was hanging decently, even though the Z won out above 100mph........... I'm not flaming by any means just curious about everyones experiences if theyve had any.:D
I've raced a Corrado b4....and i won....Corrado are not that fast, well at least the one i was racing was not........and no i don't have any mods, ........

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.