Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wonder what would happen if you were sitting at a light with a cop next to you. you look over at him, then rev. but just drive normally when it turns green. do you think you would get pulled over? lets say, your car isnt abnormally loud and it looks stock. ive never tried this, im just curious to find out what would happen.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
They would find some way to fuck you over. Probably pull you over and give you either A: some noise violation ticket-even if you have a stock exhaust I bet they would try and pull this. or B: find some little thing on your car to pull you over for like clear corners or no front liscense plate or some shit like that (obviously depending on what is done to your car)

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Exhibition of speed. Even though you don't race, in their eyes it's basically a disrespectful boast of speed.

Reactions: Djin9ADG

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
My friend did just very lightly to a cop when we drove by and he had someone pulled over. About half a mile down the road gets pulled over for "improper muffler" or something. Which his exhaust did sound pretty crappy.

He then got a dui check and luckily passed and left with a fix it ticket. He had a stock exhaust with header and intake so it was kinda zingy. But yeah , if you want to get pulled over its a good thing to try.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Why dont you try it and find out? Why the fuck would you even want try it or do it anyhow?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
You need a break from the internet and go outside for awhile your mind is starting to play tricks with you

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
i never revved on a cop, but i had a cop revv on me. last year i jumped in the gsx to go get gas. on the way there i catch a red light. while i'm waiting a brand spanking new ford crown vic pulls up on my right. both of my windows were open and i he started lowering his. next thing i now he's revving the crap out of it and proccedes to tell me "lets go for it when the light goes green". at first i didnt know he was an undercover so i just gave him the same line i gave everyone "my car is slow, dont even bother with me".
then he goes "its ok, my car is slow too, just go on green".
light turned green and i just sat there and so did he, after about 10-15 seconds the cars behind started honking so i just pulled forward easy and swtiched lanes so i could go into the gas station. next thing i know he let the cars that were honking pass him and then i hear sirens and see strobes coming out of his lights and he pulled over two cars right by the gas station. undercover cop. thank god i didnt go, otherwise i would of been in trouble, if he caught me :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
ive done it once to the cop that goes to my school and hes young so he doesnt give a fuck. After school one day i pulled up next to him and revd then he just looked at me and drove off normal, even though hes pretty cool for a cop i wasnt about to get out in front of him after i revd

my two tickets were not related to this

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Moon Ill said:
No you could have raced him, and then used entrapment as a complete defense.
Only problem is, this day and age, the judges are more than likely to side with the law enforcement on driving infractions regardless of what the truth may be.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Moon Ill said:
No you could have raced him, and then used entrapment as a complete defense.
sorry, doesn't work that way. it would be the same as selling dope to an undercover. regardless of what the cop said to you, you still willfully broke the law. many, many cities are now using undercovers to stop street racing. and most don't roll up in crown vic's either.....

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
i never revved on a cop, but i had a cop revv on me. last year i jumped in the gsx to go get gas. on the way there i catch a red light. while i'm waiting a brand spanking new ford crown vic pulls up on my right. both of my windows were open and i he started lowering his. next thing i now he's revving the crap out of it and proccedes to tell me "lets go for it when the light goes green". at first i didnt know he was an undercover so i just gave him the same line i gave everyone "my car is slow, dont even bother with me".
then he goes "its ok, my car is slow too, just go on green".
light turned green and i just sat there and so did he, after about 10-15 seconds the cars behind started honking so i just pulled forward easy and swtiched lanes so i could go into the gas station. next thing i know he let the cars that were honking pass him and then i hear sirens and see strobes coming out of his lights and he pulled over two cars right by the gas station. undercover cop. thank god i didnt go, otherwise i would of been in trouble, if he caught me :D
thats total bullshit. and the said part is that the judge would side with the cop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i did it and almost went to jail for "taunting" it was kinda funny :bounce

·
Registered
868 Posts
well my dad told me the other day that his friend was a cop back in the late 70's, also a big street racing scene for the time, and they would race whatever the cop had and my dad's ss nova would race literally around the town! now that cop is the chief of police and when he sees my dad he still revs his interceptor at the lights! he and my dad raced with me in the car. on a side note my dad has a v8 jeep grand cheeroke and that thing launches like it's on a mission!

·
Registered
148 Posts
well i didn't rev at a cop, but i tail gated one and honked at it a couple of times. i got pulled over on the highway for doing some "unsafe lane changes" and so after he handed me my ticket, ( he was about to give me one for my exhaust too, but i got smart with him and asked him for his badge and name and told him i was gonna report him. So i think he got kinda scared and didn't give me another. ) As i proceeded on my way, the highway patrol dude started following me and i got kinda pissed and went 85 on the slow lane then i slowed down and changed lanes and let him pass. I then pulled up behind him, about 2 car lengths and matched his speed
( around 90 mph ) and honked a couple of times. After a minute or so, he exited the freeway and i went on my way

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Sp00nerSI said:
well i didn't rev at a cop, but i tail gated one and honked at it a couple of times. i got pulled over on the highway for doing some "unsafe lane changes" and so after he handed me my ticket, ( he was about to give me one for my exhaust too, but i got smart with him and asked him for his badge and name and told him i was gonna report him. So i think he got kinda scared and didn't give me another. ) As i proceeded on my way, the highway patrol dude started following me and i got kinda pissed and went 85 on the slow lane then i slowed down and changed lanes and let him pass. I then pulled up behind him, about 2 car lengths and matched his speed
( around 90 mph ) and honked a couple of times. After a minute or so, he exited the freeway and i went on my way
This was with your Skunk2 stage 2's on your B16A, with a Greddy Turbo kit, but without an intercooler, right?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I did it once. I was test driving a GSR with header and Elderbrock cat back. It was a three lane and i was all the way to the right and he was all the way to the left. He just looked at me. No seat belt either.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts