Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a question... not saying it's even possible or anything (although I'm sure it is...) I was looking at that Honda Attack website here and they managed to turn that into real wheel drive, by basically taking the motor and putting it in the middle of the car or something like that, and replacing the rear axles with the front axles (at least that's what it sounds like).

so it sounds to me like it'd be relatively "easy" (comparatively speaking).

I don't know, just a thought... it'd be crazy to have say... a turbocharged, weight reduced, mid-engine, RWD 5th gen Prelude, wouldn't it??

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
it would be crazy.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
the attack is a mid engined kit car.

all they did was move the drivetrain to the middle of the car to power the rear wheels.

to make it FR, you'd have to turn the engine, get a rwd trans, get the rear axle setup, and then brace the hell out of the back of the car...

and your motor would probably hit the hood, or you'd have to move the firewall back...

·
Registered
352 Posts
I saw a civic hatchback at a car show that had put the s2000 engine and drivetrain in to make it rear wheel drive. It was impressive but at the same time I couldn't believe the waste of money, just buy a 240 if you want rwd

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah... i never really said I wanted rwd... I love my prelude. I just thought it woulda been cool to have a rwd prelude.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Coverting a prelude to rwd would be extremely hard . Im pretty sure this would end up costing 10k+ unless of course it was a diy job and you have extensive experience with these kind of fabrications.

As far as performance the sr20 swap sounds great. But honestly, the looks of a stock 240 suck imo, I have thought about doing this, but I would definately get the silvia tail light conversion, headlights, and a bad ass wide body kit with a really nice paintjob, and of course better suspension etc.

·
Registered
866 Posts
yeah if i had the money to throw around, i'd probably do it as a hobby sort of. i was thinkin take the rear drive train from an s2000 and rig it up. surely it'd require a LOT of customization and modifications. but that'd sweet. no one would see it coming.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
i agree 100% 240's look like ass. the 97+ look decent. honestly i think buying a 1st gen dsm awd is a better bang for buck than a ugly ass siliva with a sr20 swap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts