Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone going to run at ripken stadium tomorrow? i was just curious. I'm gonna go watch so I can get some info on how to run and stuff.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went!:clap talked to some very nice people including a dude who ran a legacy wagon and did very well. got some good advice and understand a little more of how things work. I've never seen so many evo's, sti's and mini's in one place.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
slammed jdm said:
I went!:clap talked to some very nice people including a dude who ran a legacy wagon and did very well. got some good advice and understand a little more of how things work. I've never seen so many evo's, sti's and mini's in one place.
I was there. What were you driving? I was in the teal 1991 Civic Si in the morning heats. I took 1st in STS.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Figured that was your hatch... I went to come over to say hi but you were leaving to go get something to eat or whatever. I didn't run I was the red civic in the parking lot sitting sideways with the black gsr wheels. Your runs were amazing. what was your fastest for the day. I figured you won. I was gonna see if I could ride with someone but didn't know who to ask. I almost ran, but decided I'd wait and go to school first or see if someone would show me.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
slammed jdm said:
Figured that was your hatch... I went to come over to say hi but you were leaving to go get something to eat or whatever. I didn't run I was the red civic in the parking lot sitting sideways with the black gsr wheels. Your runs were amazing. what was your fastest for the day. I figured you won. I was gonna see if I could ride with someone but didn't know who to ask. I almost ran, but decided I'd wait and go to school first or see if someone would show me.
Ah I saw you as I was leaving. I was heading home.

My fastest time was a 38.3 but I coned on that run so I had to stand on my 39.3

The next novice school is April 23rd I believe. http://www.autox4u.com I should be at the April 24th event.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still very impressive tho.
yea I plan on going and staying over night down there(2.5 - 3 hour drive for me.!) and going to the school but if not, I suppose I'll be at the event on sunday...hey, would it be possible I could ride along with you in one run? If not that's kewl but i figure it could improve me even further to ride with someone's who's really good. A little nervous about my first race tho. :fear

I can just see myself getting really really nervous and f-ing up badly.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
slammed jdm said:
Still very impressive tho.
yea I plan on going and staying over night down there(2.5 - 3 hour drive for me.!) and going to the school but if not, I suppose I'll be at the event on sunday...hey, would it be possible I could ride along with you in one run? If not that's kewl but i figure it could improve me even further to ride with someone's who's really good. A little nervous about my first race tho. :fear

I can just see myself getting really really nervous and f-ing up badly.
Sure you can ride along. Just make sure you grab me and remind me. I tend to have the shortest memory known to man :)

And don't worry about f-ing up. I still screw up like my nice spin on my 1st run :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kewl I will have to do that. that'll be my first run too. if I wanted can I get someone to ride with me? Or do they not have instructors to ride along there?

I saw alot of people with their windows down during runs...why is that? that is h/p lost due to the drag created by the wondow open... is this because they want to hear the tires or what?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
slammed jdm said:
kewl I will have to do that. that'll be my first run too. if I wanted can I get someone to ride with me? Or do they not have instructors to ride along there?

I saw alot of people with their windows down during runs...why is that? that is h/p lost due to the drag created by the wondow open... is this because they want to hear the tires or what?
They have ride along instructors. Just ask.

Windows down for safety incase you roll your car glass will not fly into your face AND we can pull you out quicker. Plus yes it's easier to hear your tires and motor with the winows down. Remember everyone has their windows down so everyone is in the same boat pretty much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.