Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought the car with a shoirt air ram and it has no map sensor and i need one to pass emission where and how do i wire one tho any pics would help[ alot

·
Registered
518 Posts
hey, the map sensor should be on the firewall, behind the intake manifold, well you if need one i got an extra one off a 1993 civic, ill give you for a cheap price....

·
Registered
518 Posts
u sure, mine is on the firewall and theres a vacume line running to the top of the throttle body, but on my brothers it is on the the throttle body so i dont know

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Both my civics and my del sol have both been mounted right on the throttle body... the only car i can think of that they come mounted on the firewall from the factory is a prelude.

·
Registered
191 Posts
on my 92 civic dx. it was on the wall right around the gas filter. i was looking for the MAP because the senor on my new engine is on the intake and the connector not on the engine wire harness.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
civic510z said:
on my 92 civic dx. it was on the wall right around the gas filter. i was looking for the MAP because the senor on my new engine is on the intake and the connector not on the engine wire harness.
are you talking about the IAT sensor?

gie me the exact name make and model of u car with year and engine size and ill tell u exactl where its at.

92 civic DX??

edited

16 valves sohc non vtec right?

what picture are u looking for?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey it is a 92 civic lx 1.5 16 valve sohc. i need to know for the sensor that tells the computer how to mix the fuel and air. it should go into the intake

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
92civy said:
hey it is a 92 civic lx 1.5 16 valve sohc. i need to know for the sensor that tells the computer how to mix the fuel and air. it should go into the intake
thats the IAT sensor

im sorry but im confused now on what ur looking for?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i need to know where to wire it up to b/c mine is gone and i need a pic of one to indetify one

·
Registered
191 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
are you talking about the IAT sensor?

gie me the exact name make and model of u car with year and engine size and ill tell u exactl where its at.

92 civic DX??

edited

16 valves sohc non vtec right?

what picture are u looking for?

i look at the helem hank book and it state that the map senor is on the wall. the engine that on there is a d15b and it is it a 92 civic dx with the 1.5. the map senor on the d15b is on the intake manifold. so is that senor on the wall IAT or a MAP?

·
Registered
714 Posts
:rolleyes

As far as I know all Dx/Lx civics 92-95 had a Firewall mounted Map sensor and all others were Throttle body mounted. My 94 CX hatch had a Throttle body mounted one. My 93 Dx coupe had a firewall mounted one. My 95 EX coupe had a throttle body mounted one. MAP sensor problems will cause a code 3 or 5 to come up. Check the codes to see if its throwing one of those.

The IAT is always on the intake manifold on 92-95. IF there is a problem with the IAT it will throw code 10.

EDIT:

Here are some photos of the map sensors, as shown in honda parts catalog

DX/LX Firewall map sensor

Number 21 is throttle body mounted sensor. Came up for CX/EX/SI/VX

BTW: Retail Price for a Stock MAP sensor is $215.

·
Registered
714 Posts
civic510z said:
i look at the helem hank book and it state that the map senor is on the wall. the engine that on there is a d15b and it is it a 92 civic dx with the 1.5. the map senor on the d15b is on the intake manifold. so is that senor on the wall IAT or a MAP?
The Map sensor location depends on the car model. DX=Firewall.

IAT sensors are always on the manifold on 92-95 cars.

IF you are reffering to the JDM SOHC VTEC D15B that you swapped in, it uses the z6 manifold, and will have a throttle body mounted MAP.

D15B7 and D15B are not the same motor. They dont even share the same block.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts