Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems like a good product. the finish is nicer than i thought. bad thing so far is the speakers doesn't sound as rich as the og. and the buttons don't feel as good. i think the og layout was better.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
my girlfriend got me one outta the blue tonight!!!! i cant believe it and i wasnt expecting it but she got that new mario game with it. can't wait to play it on my way to bonnaroo tomorrow!! WOOT!!! someone let me know some good games to get!!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I been thinking more and more about getting a Nintendo DS lite. I didnt like the original DS because of it's impractical size (as if the PSP wasn't big) but, they say the DS lite is 33 percent smaller which is nice!!! FF3 being redone and Bubble Bobble Revolution also caught my attention.

How is the battery life on the DS lite? Pretty good? Is there any homebrew goin' on?

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Nintendo DS Lite sells 136K in two days at retail

Nintendo DS Lite sells 136K in two days at retail

Published: June 15, 2006 9:26 AM PDT

Nintendo on Wednesday announced that the new Nintendo DS Lite handheld sold 136,500 units in the first two days at retail.

The lighter, brighter version of the Nintendo DS was released to stores on June 11.

At its current sales rate, DS Lite launch sales are outpacing 2003's Game Boy Advance SP by more than 12 percent.

The strong momentum of the DS can be attributed to the availability of more casual games that attract a broad audience. Unconventional games like Animal Crossing: Wild World, Nintendogs, and Brain Age have garnered interest from those who do not normally play video games.

In addition, key franchise games like New Super Mario Bros. have sold well to video game veterans and casual players. In its first week in Japan, the game sold nearly 900,000 units.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
LevelSevenCivic said:
I been thinking more and more about getting a Nintendo DS lite. I didnt like the original DS because of it's impractical size (as if the PSP wasn't big) but, they say the DS lite is 33 percent smaller which is nice!!! FF3 being redone and Bubble Bobble Revolution also caught my attention.

How is the battery life on the DS lite? Pretty good? Is there any homebrew goin' on?

Just wanted to add to this...
I know the DS can play Advance games but since the advance is backwards compatible with gameboy/gameboy color, can the DS play gameboy games? I heart the original tetris.

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
at work, we sold out of these things within a couple hours. we had at least 50 people calling or coming in asking for brain age/ ds lite. i was actually thinking of buying it, but decided i would wait for a while

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
So, I can honestly say, I like the original DS 100x more.

The D-Pad is much better on the original DS. In fact all of the buttons are better on the original DS.

Not to mention I think the sound on the original DS is superior as well (IMO).

So, I'll stick to my limited edition Red DS :)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
tha_con said:
So, I can honestly say, I like the original DS 100x more.

The D-Pad is much better on the original DS. In fact all of the buttons are better on the original DS.

Not to mention I think the sound on the original DS is superior as well (IMO).

So, I'll stick to my limited edition Red DS :)
I cant really say whether or not I liked the origiinal DS because the extent of my experience with it was nintendogs at walmart and i was mostly using the stylus to mess with the dog. I did sample NSMB on the D-Lite and it seemed comfy to me. I guess it's really a matter of personal preference. All the better for those who like the original... those now sell for less :)

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
LevelSevenCivic said:
I cant really say whether or not I liked the origiinal DS because the extent of my experience with it was nintendogs at walmart and i was mostly using the stylus to mess with the dog. I did sample NSMB on the D-Lite and it seemed comfy to me. I guess it's really a matter of personal preference. All the better for those who like the original... those now sell for less :)
:nod :nod

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
it is sweet!!! way better than the PSP IMO. I bought Super Mario Bros + Brain Age with it.

I love it. NSMB is probablly one of the best games I have played in a LONG time. I wanna get Mario Kart and Trauma Center: Under the knife

Ohhhh Europe gets to choose from a polar white and black edition. :mad

http://blogs.ign.com/craig-ign/2006/07/05/23988/p2

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.