Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where did you mount the 02 sensors? did you use both O2s or just one. don't they have to be close to the head to get enough heat to work properly and don't they have to sample air from 1-4cyl and 2-3cyl for it to run properly. What kit do you have and are you running any aftermarket computer with it?

·
Registered
220 Posts
With the Hondata and other fuel management systems you wont have any problems with o2 sensor and check engine lights... more the likely you will get a check engine light with the turbo if you have a stock ecu...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've got the same problem I dont know where to mount the second 02 sensor, any advise?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it depends what ecu you are running. OBDII use 2 heated O2 sensor. one infront of cat and other one behind the cat. pr3 use 2 none heated O2 sensor and are mounted on the header on the secondary pipe.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just looked at my ecu and it says pr3, I have one sensor on the downpipe I think, but the other wire is just hanging in the engine compartment I dont know where it would go

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have heard some people put the second O2 sensor next to the other O2 sensor. or you could just tap the other wire to the same 02 sensor that is one there now so both O2 wire are on the same O2 sensor.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Which would work better tapping in to the other sensor or making a place for the second o2 sensor?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tapping into other sensor would be easier. put other sensor in would be samething as tapping into other sensor because both sensor are in the same area and should have same reading. original placing for the 2 O2s are on cylinder 1-4 and 2-3, where the 2 sensors would have different reading. i have stock b16 header now with 2 sensors and when i swith the wires around my car runs like crap, thats why i want to know where to mount the O2s when i get turbo. you could tap into the other O2s and let me know how the car runs.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'll try just tapping into the other sensor I'll let you know how it runs.

Thanks for the help

brandon

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just decided to get a ECG Electronics Test Pipe 02 Simulator

Utilizes a RISC processor to exactly simulate the oxygen sensor outputs from the catalytic converter. CEL-free guaranteed! The Sim computes various vehicle sensor parameters in real-time to mimic the oxygen sensor outputs. No more check engine lights!

find it at www.importparts.com and let me know what you think(its only 39.99, better to do it the right way I think)

·
Registered
467 Posts
I do not understand what the thing is about...you do need a O2 sensor to get some kind of reading uh ??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts