Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,063 Posts
i dont think anyone in their right minds would get it... they could turbo a car for the same amt of money...

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I guess im not in my right mind, i think from what ive seen so far the vortch sc is phatty. not everyone wants a turbo. if it were all about simple whp, then why go all-motor in most cases. variety isnt a bad thing, when your only case was a price.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
the thing is, they only produce hp... not torque... youll be sleeping at the line every time... they are wicked on top end i bet, but just like the s2k's, they dont have good bottom end at all...

· Premium Member
3,213 Posts
KustomPrelude said:
vortech is too expensive and doesnt produce as much hp as a turbo.
exactly, the vortech Si does 14.4 with 272hp:confused: wtf

· Registered
1,633 Posts
ceasarosa said:
Vortech Si had 18's and the tires aren't very sticky, I'd like to see the cars time slip with some P7000's or sticky tread on 15's or 16's.
Not possible becasue the car had 13" big brake kits so it has to have the larger rims.

But still, even if it broke intot he 13's, even a well tuned SI or GSR with JRSC can hit those similar times.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it would have to have the power cooler for me to get it anyway. im not so inclined with the time slips or bottom/top end specifics. i have my 99 gsr, and I want to have some fun with it. i just bought a 2k1 ITR about 2 mos ago with 2000 miles on it, that will be my car i sup a a ton and worry about that, but the gsr with a vortch sc will be fun to drive i think

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.