Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get halo projectors for my 03 ex anyone have an opinion on them like if they are ricey or not and anyone have a good website to buy them from?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have them on my 00 EX. Don't think they look too ricy. Pretty clean actually. This is my second pair though. Had an issue with the first pair. The fogged up on the one side, and eventually (< 1yr) both halos on one side and one other other went out for no apparent reason. I couldn't find shorts. The problem was actually in the housing where the halo wired up, I hooked them directly to the battery to test that theory and was correct. Since then though, purchased a new set, have been working fine for almost a year. The car is black, which I think helps. The inside of the housing is black too. I have seen ones that you can get with chrome interior though for lighter color cars. It has been a while since I purchased them, not sure on a good site for price. Ebay often has good deals on items like this that will eventually need replacing. The first set cost about $90, second set closer to $200, but I'm not sure yet that they are really any better or different.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a set on my 94 LX. Got them off eBay and have been very happy with them. I have the chrome ones and my car is that geigh purplish color, I think it looks really nice not rice. :D

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
light output on these headlights are horrible - they look clean on some cars depends on what style you go with though

·
Registered
35 Posts
CFactor said:
light output on these headlights are horrible - they look clean on some cars depends on what style you go with though
I actually think the output is better than the stock lights on my 94. Maybe it's different on the newer cars.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
garbage. if you want real ones buy a BMW.

·
Registered
303 Posts
i think my halos look pretty clean and they put out a LOT more light onto the road than my stock headlights.. i had to level them correctly though to get an even and far projection of light. ive had them for about 8months and they work perfect. i have the halo's connected to a switch on the inside of my car so i can turn them on with or without the projector light being on. Looks really cool when my car is off and the neons/halos glow parked at night.

·
Registered
17,396 Posts
ok, question for the thread creator.

you want a projector with halo/angel lights? or ust projectors?

it's not the halo's that give shitty out put, it's the cheap ass projector lenses that give shitty out put.

anyways, if you want a real good put out and have projectors, use one from S2000/TSX/TL or BMW.

·
Registered
17,396 Posts
TEAMFX3 said:
Yeah, every board has the guy who thinks unless you buy the top of the line high dollar shit you are some sort of POS hack. Go you dude, go you! :clap
well, here is my theory when it comes to life.

it doesn't matter if your property is well known brand or some small company brand. if you like it and looks good, rock it.

rock with your cock out, roll with your balls out dude.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Buddy of mine has them on his EG... low beams are fine, highs are horrible. Tried adjusting them again and they are still horrible.

Personally I'm not a fan. They can look ok but sometimes look to flashy. I like how they light up and look at night, but daytime I just dont like how the projectors bulbs/housing look... but to each his own.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
mad-ass said:
rock with your cock out, roll with your balls out dude.
Rock out with my cock out, hang out with my wang out...

Stiffler is awesome :number1

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
the stock headlights with some nice Silvania bulbs will make a good and cheap combo.

·
Registered
35 Posts
speedjunky01 said:
mine put less light on low beams then stockers but BLOW the stockers wasy on high.

I got them off ebay for 104 shipped, they are ok, fir prety close to stock but no 100%

I think your car looks really clean dude, I like it. :btu

Franklin huh? That's cool. You know a guy named Chris Decato? I built his 4door Civic...

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
TEAMFX3 said:
I think your car looks really clean dude, I like it. :btu

Franklin huh? That's cool. You know a guy named Chris Decato? I built his 4door Civic...
no I dont what year?

also Im looking for a crome tuner when I got turbo if you know your shit im interested in some bussiness :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.