Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those who knows the H22 well, please tell me the locations of the following items. detailed description would be wonderful

1. Water temperature sending unit.
2. Oil pressure sending unit.

If once i find these locations, and put in the aftermarket gauges to measure the parameters, do i have to remove the stock units? Would this inturn affect the ECU and throw any light?

Thanks in advance guys.

ps. please no vague replies

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, I know for a 4th gen h22(which should be the same location), the oil pressure sending unit is right below the oil filter. It is a small electrical connection that you have to disconnect, then remove the collar-bolt that it attatches to and install the center piece for the sensor. I just did this for my turbo oil feed line, it was the easiest part, good luck!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have the haynes Accord and Prelude 97 through 2000 H22A4 engine repair manuel, its very useful, why don't you go to a borders bookstore or something of and get it?

I find myself using it alot. Saves you alot of money too.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the entire Helm's manual on my computer in PDF form. If you want the Engine, Cooling section I can email it to you, but you have to have at least 39 megs free. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
aznswtlkr said:
for those who knows the H22 well, please tell me the locations of the following items. detailed description would be wonderful

1. Water temperature sending unit.
2. Oil pressure sending unit.

If once i find these locations, and put in the aftermarket gauges to measure the parameters, do i have to remove the stock units? Would this inturn affect the ECU and throw any light?

Thanks in advance guys.

ps. please no vague replies
i am warning you do not use brass fittings in the engine block only use steel, and for the oil pressure i used a fitting on the side of the head where alittle plug is much easier to do it this way. yet again do not use a brass fitting in the head or engine block.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
also if you remove the oil pressure switch on the back of the block you will not get a cel or a oil light it be disabled.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BlackShLude said:
i am warning you do not use brass fittings in the engine block only use steel, and for the oil pressure i used a fitting on the side of the head where alittle plug is much easier to do it this way. yet again do not use a brass fitting in the head or engine block.
wow thanks for the warning, but please explain to me why brass would be a no no...because all the fittings i have are brass.

What about the water temp unit? where is it? Any light turn on/disabled once i remove the stock sensor ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts