Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys meet up weekly in the Torrance/Gardena area? I know there are people who meet at Torrance Crossroads but there is a lot of "ruffians" lol. Especially the In and Out area. There are supposed to be a lot of street racers there on Friday and on the weekends. I know people at NASIOC.com (Subaru) meet at Starbucks at Torrance Crossroads. Where do you guys meet? I'm still trying to get my Teg and once I do I'd like to come out and meet some of you guys. Maybe get my damn motorsports club off the ground...finally, with some people who actually care for motorsports. www.slipanglemotorsports.com

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
There used to be a weekly meet at the Tapioca Express on Artesia between Van Ness and Normandie.

I think there was a member that was trying to get peeps out to a boba place in Lawndale kinda near the Galleria. Maybe you could do a search for it.

I think Shine Street might still hold meets pretty regularly.

Back in the day Pacific Square, the Denny's/Del Taco off of the 405/Western, and the Denny's off of Crenshaw used to be the place to meet up and find out where the races were going to go down. Now days the po-po has those places scouted & one of the Denny's is gone. :(

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
man i got all the spots 1 is 135th and main 2 compton and main there is a lot of fast cars out there i got other spots but u have to go there with some that knows the pepole there

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
motorsports or street racing? there's a difference. street racing is for pussy ricers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Motorsports of course :wow
We have a big street racing thing down here? If there is I'd like to know but, I'm more interested in motorsports because the likelihood of getting arrested and get your car smashed up by the Torrance cops is LARGE.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
super_mut said:
Motorsports of course :wow
We have a big street racing thing down here?
Used to. Where do you think guys like Darren Ishitani and JoJo Callos and his SplitSecond peeps got their chops down. All the peeps used to meet in those places then go off to Long Beach, Carson, Wilmington, Gardena, etc. to mess around.

Seems like since Terminal Island closed up a few years ago, the 1320 isn't such a big deal. :(

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Hey Super M! PV Drive is blocked off right above Ocean Trail GC. They have the barriers up right after a concrete center divider island.

A few of use were down there last night making runs from the college and then down to PV Dr., then doing handbrake 180's around the island and going back up. Nobody was getting crazy considering the rain and WIND (barely speeding, nobody crossing the center dividers, etc.)

Nobody was around at around 10:30pm so it was very safe.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up. ;)

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
HEY YOU FUCKING RICER, QUIT POSTING ABOUT YOUR STUPID STREET RICING BULLSHIT OR GET OUT OF THIS FORUM. WE STRICTLY PROHIBIT ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES

you know who i'm talkin about
-staff

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
super_mut said:
Looks like I'm buying my neighbors GS-R this week : )
sweet...good luck w/ that :)

oh and maybe you guys can make it out to the socal SHO meet in feb :tu

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll bring my ghetto blaster crew from gardena/torrance. I'm the only one who likes actual racing the other guys just have like $1000 sound systems :noo They are ricers. Any of you guys meeting on Saturday, I'm finalizing my purchase at the DMV on Saturday morning so I'd like to come out and RACE *vroom vroom* just kidding :D So whos meeting Saturday night?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I drove my car all day today. 1995 Integra GS-R Flamenco Black w/ Acura Alloys. FRIGGIN FAST. I hit VTEC all day :D Your supposed to hear the VTEC right? The only gripe I have is that I don't have low end torque but thats the teg for you. So whos meeting next fri ? or sat?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts