Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
498 Posts
f22b was never used in 4g ludes. you might be thinking about the f22a1, which was used in the s trim... not type s.

f22a1
displacement (cc): 2156
power ([email protected]): [email protected]
torque (ft/[email protected]): [email protected]
compression ratio: 8.8:1
cam design: dohc
vtec?: no
obd: 1 or 2
year(s) produced: 1992-1996
in the following car(s): honda prelude s

f22b1
cam design: sohc
vtec?: yes
year(s) produced: 1994-1997
in the following car(s): honda accord ex

f22b2
cam design: sohc
vtec?: no
year(s) produced: 1994-1997
in the following car(s): honda accord dx/lx

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone for your information

thanks everyone who replied to my question. i wanted to know because some guy with a 93 prelude said he had a F22b, which he claims is a jdm motor.....i thought the true jdm motor was a H series motor. well i guess i can go ahead and spank him with my true 96 h23a ride. again thanks for everyone with the info.

· Registered
1,923 Posts
lots of wrong info above
the f22b was used in 4th gen lude from 92-96 (obviously), its a jdm engine that produces 160hp and 148 ft/lbs of torque. its basically teh JDM version of the h23a1. Its dohc and non vtec as well.
they can be purchased for around $450-800 and will work fine on a non vtec ecu from a USDM accord.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Again, thanks for everyone needed information...so everyone is agreein that the F22B1 is a 2.2L USDM sohc vtec 94-97 accord ex and the F22B2 is a 2.2CL 97 accord with 145hp.....plus is not JDM only USDM.....does that sound right to everyone else???? anymore helpful information will be appreciated.

-thanks

· Registered
103 Posts
v4lu3s said:
lots of wrong info above
the f22b was used in 4th gen lude from 92-96 (obviously), its a jdm engine that produces 160hp and 148 ft/lbs of torque. its basically teh JDM version of the h23a1. Its dohc and non vtec as well.
they can be purchased for around $450-800 and will work fine on a non vtec ecu from a USDM accord.
I agree. F22b DOHC is a JDM engine from Japan. Accord/Prelude engine...which is made for accord and prelude..em...DUH!! Basicly the only different is the top which is a h23a1 from the Prelude SI...I believe......the botton is a f22 block which fits in all honda accord but of course....it could fit in any other car with some modification. Its pretty quick....as a matter of fact....I have it in my car!! HAHAHA~! I just got done with the swap...it was too easy. It doesn't have Vtec....but its JDM..basicly thats the point.
"Accord/ Prelude F22B DOHC~ 160hp~148ft/lbz"

· Registered
2,834 Posts
f22b

i know for a fact it is a jdm motor....i was looking around on ebay and saw one for sale....i was wanting a jdm h22a but for that much less money for the f series, would it be worth it and would there be enough aftermarket support....i luv turbos.....and i hate making your own kit cuz no one else makes one.....be nice to save 1800 though....that could buy a lot else....and what all is needed to swap it over....axles, ecu, tranny, wiring, etc

· Registered
103 Posts
If you plan on running turbo ....I think you should go for the f22b but if your thinking about something more expensive...yet more popular..of course that would be the h22a. F22b average around from 400-800 (from what I heard I myself got it for 800 flat) very cheap...its pretty quick and runs great with turbo. I don't reallie know about the after market support...like turbo.....I heard you have to customize the turbo to fit into a 90-93 Honda Accord, if your asking about 94+....I can't say cause I don't know for a fact. But for a fact you can get the cam shaft and other items off from the 92-96 prelude si to fit into the f22b basicly just the top part. I still don't know much about this jdm engine.....but as soon as I found out more..I'll keep you updated.

· Registered
2,834 Posts
90 non-ex...doesnt say anything on back or title

its a 90 model and as far as wanting to turbocharge it, i just wanted to make sure it was possible without a lot of trouble....do u know if u can get headers, intake, exhaust, etc(jdm or us) for it.....im getting more and more interested......i luv the price...the difference would almost buy a turbo kit....i bet a turbo f would emabarass a few jdm h22a's.....at least i would hope so....i just wanna be fast enuff to get into trouble.....

· Registered
103 Posts
Re: 90 non-ex...doesnt say anything on back or title

fizzbob7 said:
its a 90 model and as far as wanting to turbocharge it, i just wanted to make sure it was possible without a lot of trouble....do u know if u can get headers, intake, exhaust, etc(jdm or us) for it.....im getting more and more interested......i luv the price...the difference would almost buy a turbo kit....i bet a turbo f would emabarass a few jdm h22a's.....at least i would hope so....i just wanna be fast enuff to get into trouble.....
Haha...its possible w/o too much trouble. F22b wid turbo will do fine....actually you will probably embarrass some of the accord with h22a for sure!! Hahaha:D The 90-93 accord header, intake, and exhaust will be fit perfectly into the f22. You can use Prelude parts as well. Good luck with your swap if you get one....but the engine is a deal.....better then the single over head cam. Oh you'll get into trouble with turbo...:eek:

· Registered
103 Posts
Haven't run in the quarter mile...yet...but looking forward to it. WOw your running 15's.....thats good!! So your engine is a SI engine...?? What you got under the hood? I'm very interested.....a h23a running 15's in a 90 honda accord. F22b is very similar to h23a.....soo hopefully I run in the 15's too. OH yeah...what kinda ecu are you using?? Got any picture of your car? Later~!

· Registered
207 Posts
http://www.geocities.com/bjaccordex/Honda_Accord.html

Thats my website, there is also a link in my sig. My best time to date is a [email protected] There isn't alot done to my car, or atleast things that ACTUALLY add power. Alot of the stuff I have is in preperation for turbo or n2o and do nothing right now. L8r and good luck, got any pics of your car, or a website?

· Registered
103 Posts
Thanks~!! Your car is looking good!! I'm diggin the Prelude SI wheel.....I must say it looks good!! No I don't have a webpage or any picture of my car online:( Give me a few more days and I will keep you updated. I love your car as well as your modification you have done to your car. Turbo sounds reallie good on a dohc...good luck to you! Later man= )

· Registered
207 Posts
By the way, I'm running the H23 ecu. It runs the motor richer and has the knock sensor, just in case I get any detonation. I ran the F22a (stock accord) ecu for a while but after putting the H23 ecu in it ran richer, and seemed to have WAY better topend. I am actually going to be selling my turbo manifold and downpipe soon, its an fmax manifold and downpipe, for the H23, and it will fit the F22b DOHC. I was gonna go turbo, but decided to go H22a w/H23a tranny intead. I found a good deal on just the H22a (little over 1000 bux) so I'm hoping to have that within 3 weeks, and installed by march or so. L8r all

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.