Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
losen that bolt that connects the shifter to the rod that goes to the tranny and those two washer things go outside of the short sfiter, 1 on each side.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just got my skunk2 not too long ago. In fact some how I got another new one sittin' here in my apartment...I think its my buddies. Anyway, I love it. I put it in the same time I put my new clutch in...talk about weird the first time I drove it! I stalled the first time I started...lol. Skunk2 shifter only cost about 120 I think, but its bad ass.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
zexed-hx said:
I just got my skunk2 not too long ago. In fact some how I got another new one sittin' here in my apartment...I think its my buddies.
that's mine focker, you better not be playing with it in your butt eather!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have the b&m short shifter with the polyurethane bushings. made a big difference in feel and throw. I do notice a slight rattle but I bent the heat shield and it is not so loud anymore. Actually it is pretty bearable compared to before. I do notice that the b&m short shifters are pretty nice and made stronger than the other short sifters out there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
2 washers

The two washers go on each side of the shifter, on the pivot bolt in between the shifter and the sides of the mounting spot. They suck to get in there but you need them to protect your bearings. By the way, my apc short shifter is like 3 inches shorter than the stock one.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
asianpride559 said:
i bought one of those ghetto shortshifters from pepboys. wat exactly is those 2 washer looking things for? some reason the car doesnt go into gear as smooth as it used to with stock shifter.
Another shitty product I told you not to buy, like USED DRAG SLICKS that you planned to use on a daily driving basis. Delivering food.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: Re: anyone put a shortshifter in

-=Zeqs=- said:

Another shitty product I told you not to buy, like USED DRAG SLICKS that you planned to use on a daily driving basis. Delivering food.

HAHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
This isn't helpful this sh!t is comical...

BTW I got a DC short shiter, rules!!

And and Asianpride559, the washers go on either side of the short shifter. Didn't you aleast get INSTRUCTIONS (they do come with products).

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Re: Re: Re: anyone put a shortshifter in

Midwestrider said:

And and Asianpride559, the washers go on either side of the short shifter. Didn't you aleast get INSTRUCTIONS (they do come with products).
Using the instructions would require reading.
Reading requires thinking.
Then after reading, one has to understand before they can put they've read into good use. That requires more thinking.
Thinking is too much work.

It's just easier to ask people what the parts are for. Then after they tell me, I will not install it the way that people instruct me to do it. Then I will bitch about not being able to install the product some more.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
RareSI said:
Priceless remarks.
You don't know the half of it buddy...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Its not one of those things that I could just "fill you in". It's like your first kiss or getting laid, you have to experience it for yourself. Once you chat with the guy and try to answer his questions...you'll understand. It's very much like the first lay. It sucks.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone put a shortshifter in

-=Zeqs=- said:

Using the instructions would require reading.
Reading requires thinking.
Then after reading, one has to understand before they can put they've read into good use. That requires more thinking.
Thinking is too much work.

It's just easier to ask people what the parts are for. Then after they tell me, I will not install it the way that people instruct me to do it. Then I will bitch about not being able to install the product some more.
u got some problem with me zeqs? u always gotta talk shiet cuzz. u think u knoe everythang homie. let me tell u..u aint all that. and bout running ur friend.y dont i run u one day if we ever do get the chance

·
Registered
298 Posts
I literally just got home from getting a B & M sport shifter, and shift stabilizer bushings from Energy Suspension installed.

It's fucking wonderful.

Feels like a 50% percent reduction, maybe more, but it may just be because there is now ZERO play in the shifter. It's SOOO tight.

It feels strong.

Pro: CHEAP. Cost me 60 bucks from my tuning shop.

Minor Con: It doesn't have a backwards bend in it like the stock shifter, so it moved the shift knob about 3 inches forward. Being in 1st/3rd/5th puts the knob a tad farther away than I would like. The throws are so short that it doesn't matter though. I barely have to move it.

Also, the guy that put it on for me (for free, w00t) is a certified Honda tech, and the shop he works at had just worked on a new S2000.

The guy that had the S2k put one of the titanium shift knobs on, and didn't want his old shift knob, so my buddy Rob kept it.

And he gave it to me.

It looks funny though, because the markings on the knob are for a six speed transmission.

:D

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Re: Re: Re: anyone put a shortshifter in

Midwestrider said:

HAHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
This isn't helpful this sh!t is comical...

BTW I got a DC short shiter, rules!!

u knoe wat sucks ey. it didnt come with instructions. but we had a good hunch the washers go on the ball.but not both of them fit. the only way we fit both of the washers is if we took off the stock black peices. but we didnt want to remove the pieces. but i dont think the washers afftect smoothness. i thought its only so it dont rattle and move around. we greased it and everything. but maybe its natural for it to not go in gears smooth.since most peeps say here ur shortshifter is supposed to be stiffer and not smooth. as long as it dont damage nothing i dont care.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone put a shortshifter in

asianpride559 said:

u got some problem with me zeqs? u always gotta talk shiet cuzz. u think u knoe everythang homie. let me tell u..u aint all that. and bout running ur friend.y dont i run u one day if we ever do get the chance
I know I don't know everything, but I'm confident I know a lot more about what I'm doing than you know about what you are doing.

Alright man, I'll run you. Just like I mentioned before, come on down to SB and I'll be more than happy to give you 50 bucks for gas money if you win. In the mean time...RICE ON Homie!

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone put a shortshifter in

-=Zeqs=- said:

I know I don't know everything, but I'm confident I know a lot more about what I'm doing than you know about what you are doing.

Alright man, I'll run you. Just like I mentioned before, come on down to SB and I'll be more than happy to give you 50 bucks for gas money if you win. In the mean time...RICE ON Homie!
whenever i have time or u come up north then keep me posted. we run it.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts