Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have, how much did you spray per fender, and does it make a diffrence in the road noise? Do you stay clear of spraying the springs, and what about the bolts?

Any help would be greatly apprecitaed,
Thanks

· Registered
68 Posts
i have undercoating all over my car. and to tell you the truth, it didnt help too much, maybe helped a lil, but not noticeable. It is everywhere under my car, and in the fenders. but it helps keep the inside of your fenders black.

· Registered
164 Posts
yeah i spray my fender wells down with undercoating at every show b/c it makes them look good and black. As far as road noise and sound dedening the best thing you can do is get ya about 10 cans of the cheapest undercoating you can find, rip out EVERYTHING in your car and just have at it. You might want to put down a couple sheets of dynamat on the doors and the floor boards but after that just put layer after layer of the spray on it.

· Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what did you guys do with the bolts on the ffenders. did you cover them up with tape and spray it down or did you spray over the bolts. i'm only spryaing my fenders with undercoating, dynamat extreme the rest of the car.

· Registered
841 Posts
Two things....

The under coating won't hurt, and I guess every little bit counts, but don't expect your Honda to turn into a BMW overnight. For the best surface finish, you can't beat 3M Undercoating. The only bad thing is that it's $7 a can. For this application, buy the cheapest thing you can, and add a few coats. I would tape off anything that you don't want coated in rubbery goo.

Second...don't buy dynamat extreme. It's a waste of money. There are other alternatives on the net that are cheaper and just as effective if not better than Dynamat. One of the best alternatives is Raam mat. Its sold by Raam on ebay.

· Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got 35 foot of brown bread, which is a nearly indentical to dynamatt extreme in performance, but much cheaper. 35 squarefoot for $100. brown bread was actually rated better then dynomatt extreme in some sound magazine...

· Registered
841 Posts
Glad you didn't waste money on the name brand stuff. I've heard of brown bread, but never seen it in person....where did you get it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.