Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped the gsr motor into their car?is their a how-to site anywhere that list everything i need to do? please help me out?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For example. I hear that the ECU needs to be a xxx-p72-xxx. Will this ECU or ECM snap right into the existing harness inside of the car under the dash in any of the 92-95 civics? Do the wiring harnesses under the hood going into the firewall (the connector before it goes into the car.Do they line up? If the car has vtec I need to add knock sensor at d3 and a17 for a IAB but then it says the pinout point from the IAB can be switched from A20. Where do I add these wires? Do I run them all the way from the knock sensor& IAb into the car and to the ECU? How do I attach the wire to pin d3 and a17? If the car didn't have vtec I need to add 2 more wires. A yellow wire with a green stripe for vtec solenoid to A4 and Blue wire for VTEC oil pressure to D6. It says these wires can be found in the engine harness? Which one? Heck the blue wire in a 92-95 is for a tachometer. Can anyone help me out? This doesnt sound like direct bolt in like they advertise.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Go to Honda Swap . It wont tell you how to do it, but it may help answer some questions you might have. As for a step-by-step direction site, i dont know. but if this is your 1st time doing a swap, i would do it with someone who knows what they're doing, so you can watch and get in on the action, while having it done correctly.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Too bad that'll never happen

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 92 civic cx with gsr motor and i did it my self you need engine tranny ecu axles shift link shifter acclerater cable I can't spell go to hybrid honda .org it will give you all the ecu pin outs
good luck with swap :D

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where was the motor purchased from? what additional parts did you need to order that didnt come with the motor? thanks for the help

·
Registered
784 Posts
Go to hybridhonda.org

I have a 93 cx and swaped in a 95 b18c. you need the axles, shift likage, ecu, motor mounts, and if the car did not come with vtec u need to add some cables. In that internet site u will get lots of info so go ahead and get started with ur homework. Good luck.

Hondalos:cool:

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Re: Go to hybridhonda.org

Hondalos11 said:
I have a 93 cx and swaped in a 95 b18c. you need the axles, shift likage, ecu, motor mounts, and if the car did not come with vtec u need to add some cables. In that internet site u will get lots of info so go ahead and get started with ur homework. Good luck.

Hondalos:cool:
correct. It's also a direct swap...all the motor mounts on the 5th Gen Civic are the same on the B18C1

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WHERE DID YOU PURCHASE YOUR MOTOR FROM? WAS EVERYTHING YOU NEEDED TO SWAP WITH YOU MOTOR. HOW MUCH DID YOU END UP HAVING IN IT WHEN YOU WERE DONE WITH THE SWAP.

·
Registered
291 Posts
CAPSLOCK brotha, chill. are you asking for sites where you can get it from or specific stores near where you live? if you just buy the engine im pretty sure youll need a tranny and all that other good stuff, but if you buy a complete motor swap then youll get everything. (correct me if im wrong)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry about the caps. Ha Ha. I was asking where is a good place to buy a complete Engine Swap Kit from. The JDM 18c1 gsr motor and the rest of the stuff that comes with it. A couple of you say you have this in your car and I just wanted to know if you pieced the stuff together or bought the complete swap. If you did buy the whole swap where was it from. Did any of you swap the motors yourself?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts