Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Skunk2 or toda cams will most likely make you lose power. You can get cams, but from what I understand and have read, you'd be better off getting custom ground cams specific to FI. Skunk2 and toda and some of the other big names are meant for N/A. I think it's Crower that can custom grind a cam for you, as well as a few other companies.

·
Registered
157 Posts
best bet is to call jackson racing and ask. they have done a lot of testing with a lot of cams and should know what would work and what wont. HOWEVER, keep in mind that if you get a reprogrammable ecu like Hondata, you can possibly get gains out of the aftermarket cams.

·
Registered
73 Posts
RaceInspired- its post reply not new thread

RaceInspired said:
So, I asked them if a turbo-spec cam like crower would help increase HP, and this is what I got:

"Normally they don't in that a Turbo needs extra exhaust lift to push on it to make power. On a supercharger where you don't have a Turbo as a restriction on the exhaust side of the engine the cam will just blow boost out of the engine and into the exhaust."
i guess he pushed the wrong button:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.