Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone willing to do the Blue LED dash conversion??

http://www.igd4u.com/ledaccord/

I'm willing to ship my climate and buttons etc over, and can someone do it?

·
Registered
406 Posts
In general,

Depends on where you get your LED's from. Radio shack sells blue's for $4.99 CDN, meanwhile I shop at a small electronic store in Toronto for $2.50 CDN each. Assuming that you're talking about the '01 accord with 8 buttons (you can only light up 7 of them in blue though, the defog do it in red), and 8 LEDs, temp and fan dial, that makes 17 blues

17 * 4.99 * 0.63 = $54 USD

17* 2.50 *0.63 = $27 USD

In other words from $27 to $54 depending on where you get your blue LED's.

Hanki .
err so yeah, $50 is a good deal

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanna do it, but it's the trying part i'm kinda worried... what if I fuck up? :( no more lights... :(

but I'm gonna open that baby up and poke around (literally) and see how everything looks and familiarize myself with it

·
Registered
837 Posts
95tech said:
dv8you could do it yourself its not that hard just try yourself first
anyone have directions?

·
Registered
55 Posts
hahah crazy...i just did this sh*t myself last nite. damn near fuqed up too. the very first one i did, i ended up pulling out LED sleeve that's on the board, which screws up the connection. Luckily i found out where the printed circuit led to and just soldered a wire to that point. the other 7 went just fine after that.

however, for some reason, my circulation LED aint lighting up nemore. anyone have any ideas why? like, I also thought that my AirCon button was broke, but then i figured out that if the fan plug isnt connected, the aircon button wont light up. is there something similar to that for the circulation button?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
w3accord said:
anyone have directions?
its on my first post read up

·
Registered
405 Posts
does anyone know where i can find some directions to do this to a 95 civic hatchback? i have seen your guys accord interiors and i envy you. i would like to do the same to my civic. can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
55 Posts
same idea mang. the hardest part for me was just taking out the center dash. once it's out, just mess around to get the circuit board out (isn't too hard, just removing screws).

then it's just a matter of following cryogen97's DIY.

only tip i'd add is this:

this is how i removed the LED's:
1) add a SMALL blob of solder to the tip of ur iron
2) have it touch the opposite end of the LED lead as shown in cryogen's DIY
3) push of the LED like cryogen did, but only so that one end comes out halfway
4) then push the other way so that the other LED lead comes all the way out.
5) push the opposite way again to make the other LED lead (which was halfway out) to pop all the way out.
6) cut the blue LED leads to the desired length
7) heat the holes up again from the opposite side of the board and then push the leads in

fin.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I will do the climate control buttons for $40 plus shipping if anybody is interested. To do a complete dash conversion is such a pain in the butt, I wouldn't even want to tackle that.

The only thing I would add to KIMistry's summary is to be sure and let the board cool down inbetween solders. A cool board is much more durable than one heated up from your soldering.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts