Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go to college in 6 months, i have a 4dr 2001 auto for those who dont remember.... only have around 800 to spend. And i dont like the idea of mostly show and no go...

i/h/e dosent add that much and its mostly just a nice sound to the car....

i was figureing some speakers and thats pretty much it...

any opinions or ideas.?

· Registered
766 Posts
it really depends on what you wanna do to it...

well if you want more GO than do something to the engine...like intake will give you extra 10hp at high RPMs...or racing headers about the same gain....or say high flow cat...or maybe an exhaust system with wider piping for more airflow....you can do a combination of these and gain some more HP

if you want just show and no go...than do everything else...or something
:)

· Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nitrous was always a possibility, but then the big warrenty people will come and kick my ass.. turboed accords run low boost, like 6 - 9 psi.... plus i think im gona get another car after college... but thats 4 years away

· Registered
679 Posts
NyQuiL said:
nitrous was always a possibility, but then the big warrenty people will come and kick my ass.. turboed accords run low boost, like 6 - 9 psi.... plus i think im gona get another car after college... but thats 4 years away
get a 50 dollar intake, and a 55 shot ZEX kit won't hurt your car at all plus you can allways take it off when visiting
the dealer :)

· Registered
5,210 Posts
depends on what u wanna do, most ppl would do intake and exhaust, if ur not into show then thats really about it, otherwise lower it:D

· Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the responses guys, first thing is im gona get some internal speakers, then probably a intake for the sound and few hp then if $$ left over ill get giggle gas..

· Registered
350 Posts
NyQuiL said:
I go to college in 6 months, i have a 4dr 2001 auto for those who dont remember.... only have around 800 to spend. And i dont like the idea of mostly show and no go...

i/h/e dosent add that much and its mostly just a nice sound to the car....

i was figureing some speakers and thats pretty much it...

any opinions or ideas.?
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but don't do anything with your Accord if you're going to college fulltime. Save your $800 for books (which is good for about 1 semester) and activities. I love modding my Accord, but I've been out of college for a while already. (and now have an income that can afford this hobby)

Just use your Accord to get around for the next 4 years. Once you get your undergrad, you'll probably jump into a decent paying job (depending on your opportunities) and want something better than a 6th gen Accord.

Just some advice from someone whose been there.

f23a4

· Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
F23A4 sounds like the best solution.

· Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats a big no, id consider it if i was keeping the car and not goin to college

· Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that sounds sweet.... discontinued?, they stop making them?

· Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i dunno, me and a freind are also considering rebuilding a 280z datsun.... that would be a fun fun car

· Registered
72 Posts
Datsun's , hells yeah,
rotory all the way , those things are sick

seen one do 8.5 down the 1/4
new jersey area..
crazy bro crazy..
greedy turbo, slicks the size of the highway,,
lifts the front end off the line,,
just so sweet..

my bad about saying discontinued,
what i meant was to buy an old rare model ,
the new NSX is coming V8 i believe

· Registered
75 Posts
hondapimpin' said:
depends on what u wanna do, most ppl would do intake and exhaust, if ur not into show then thats really about it, otherwise lower it:D
Okay, let me ask you this, because I've been thinkin' about lowerin' my ride too. The dude said he only had $800 to spend. You know somethin' I don't? How is that possible to lower (the right way; new struts as well as springs or just teins) at that kinda price? I would REALLY like to know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.