Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a $115 for parking within 5 feet of a hydrant. I was really rushed that morning, and I was sure that i cleared the hydrant. Is there anything i can do to lower the fine, or abolish it? thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
nope.. no way out.. your word againt the law enforcement's.. they win, you lose

pay the fine.. and park a little farther from the hydrant

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think that you had taken pictures of you car with the ticket on it with the time and the date on the pictures, moments after it happened you might get a reduced fine or no fine, but these judges are tuff and they will most like you find you guilty regardless. I just got my car towed on wednesday morning for 2 tickets that the people who were repairing my car got in last july. I recieve no notices and they came and got my car just like that. I told the judge that, and she didn't believe me and found me guilty.so I paid the tickets, plus all the other fees and got my car back. Almost $650. Just pay it if you don't want the hassle.

Also go to www.nyc.gov and check to see if you have anymore tickets. I thought someone stole my car cuz I didn't know that I had tickets outstanding on my car. Don't let it happen to you.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I fucking hate NYC. All shops rip you off and charge you like $100 to do things like air up your tires. The roads are horrible, causing me to get a new transmission b/c the fucking bumps broke a hole in my tranny, and the police are a bunch of dicks. Did they actually get on the ground and fucking measure how far I was from the hydrant? That cop probably went home and fucked his wife all happy that he screwed over some 18 y/o CB7 driver. bleh :bh

·
Registered
49 Posts
if u can afford to take a day off to fight the ticket, then fight it!
its easier to fight then a moving violation.
say u were in the car nypd cannot give u a ticket if you are in the car i think.
what do you have to lose.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can get a ticket if you're in the car. The best thing you can do at the time is try to talk your way out of it. I know from experience. With Bloomberg the police have been on this renegade ticket spree and watch your ass at the end of the months because it seems that's when cops write the most tickets to meet there quota.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cant wait til bloomberg's term expires. :evil I think i am just gonna pay the ticket w/e. I'm only mad b/c last month I got a summons for playing my music too loud. I got a 12" kicker L7, but i attenuated the sound when i saw the cop car, and he still said he heard me. w/e. March 10 i have to go to court for it. You guys wouldnt happen to know any way out of that would you? :clap

·
Registered
49 Posts
you won't get out of that one. i once got 3 tickets one for no insurance, one for my dvd player,and one for inpruedent speed. i got out of no insurance, i payed $25 for dvd player because the judge had to look it up and i payed the inpruedent speed. the thing is when i went to court the cop that pull me over didn't have the right papers and the judge still said it was ok. i still don't know what inprudent speed means.
but i do remeber the cop said "is there any reason u were doing mach 3 tonite"

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think it's called a deciple meter. If the cop didn't have one how could he say it was too loud that. That ticket is subject to inturpretation. It can go either way. The judge could be mean or nice about it. Don't mention the subwoofer and the end result might be better.

I get pulled over for everything and anything but I almost never get tickets.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
just move if you don't like living in the city...as for the ticket, parking tickets are a done deal...pay it and move on with your life

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How'd u get a ticket for a DVD player? U were watching it while driving? The cop asked me if i ever got a summons for playing music and i said no, and he said "i wonder why when you have that big sub in ur trunk?" So he knows about da sub, so i mite have to say i have one in court rite? I had the seat down, so i guess he saw it. I could always say i dont have one, b/c my system is weak i could say it was aftermarket speakers i had.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
why do cops ask "where you going" or "where you heading too" when they pull you over????

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To you NYC people

For the summons I received, DO my parents have to go with me? I am 18 years old, and I have been agruing with them for soo fucking long that I can go by myself. I just go and tell my side of the story, then the cop tells his right? I dont need my parents or counsel or anything right??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts