Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
22,822 Posts
so you are telling me that you cant say that one is better than the other?
No, Im telling you its a dumb question because its all personal preference to which one you like. Go drive them.

· Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, Im telling you its a dumb question because its all personal preference to which one you like. Go drive them.
ok so what are the main differences then to establish a personal preference? I know they look a little different, and the engines make some slightly different numbers, but other than that.

· Registered
22,822 Posts
ok so what are the main differences then to establish a personal preference? I know they look a little different, and the engines make some slightly different numbers, but other than that.
Go drive them, you will have a preference.

· Registered
1,341 Posts
well, its not a retarded question to begin with, because both cars have their ups and downs but, it becomes a retarded question because you have diehards and fanbois that fight in the name of the car...

for what i know.... if your more hardcore... AP1 is the way to go, for faster CONSISTENT laptimes go for the AP2, due to the low end torque,

· Registered
22,822 Posts
well, its not a retarded question to begin with, because both cars have their ups and downs but, it becomes a retarded question because you have diehards and fanbois that fight in the name of the car...

for what i know.... if your more hardcore... AP1 is the way to go, for faster CONSISTENT laptimes go for the AP2, due to the low end torque,
It is a retarded question because the ups an downs of each of these have been covered at least 100 times.

· Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
k look, I am sorry for any inconvienience that I have caused. I knew the question is a really difficult question in the way that a lot of the time it does come down to personal preference. I was just curious if it could be said that one is better than the other for obvious or for any valid reason. like the AP2 explodes when you fuel it up so the AP1 is seen as the better of the two. So from what I gather in this forum, there is no clear or easy winner.

· Registered
22,822 Posts
k look, I am sorry for any inconvienience that I have caused. I knew the question is a really difficult question in the way that a lot of the time it does come down to personal preference. I was just curious if it could be said that one is better than the other for obvious or for any valid reason. like the AP2 explodes when you fuel it up so the AP1 is seen as the better of the two. So from what I gather in this forum, there is no clear or easy winner.
If the AP2 explodes on fuel up, dont you think there would have at the very least been a recall?

· Registered
1,322 Posts
If the AP2 explodes on fuel up, dont you think there would have at the very least been a recall?
:ahh:ahh jus take my answer and roll wit it

· Registered
588 Posts
It's a retarded question because, like CBags stated, it's been covered 100 times. Probably over a thousand times. And like so many other people here have stated, it's all how your assometer feels after driving both of them and what you like about the styling. And also like some others have already stated is that there are fanboys who will fight to the death over their opinion as fact. Ignore those types of posts altogether.

I can't really add to what has already been covered here. Both cars have their own personality, and people will react differently to each.

But, beyond the engine and aesthetic differences, AP2- the trans has slightly different gearing in 2nd and 6th to take advantage of the lower torque, the differential has been fixed with a Comptech-like reinforcement (to my knowledge, but not certain), suspension has been further tuned (softer in the rear), chassis is a little bit stiffer, steering ratio has been opened. The CR has some further suspension changes and chassis changes that would effectively "undo" the changes made to the original AP2 (with exception to the chassis rigidity, which is even stiffer in the CR) which were essentially done to make them more freindly to the inexperienced driver.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.