Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally in the market for a exhaust! I currently have a H22 in my 4th Gen Accord with DC headers and Random Cat. And I am getting tired of the sleeper approach with EX stock exhaust. I want to free up a couple of Hp but still unsure on which brand to go with. I used to have a TRUST but sold it!! I've done a little research and asked if they were satiffied with their current exhaust and everyone as you already know has their own opinions and prefrences. I'm really considering the Apex-i WS but have read that the mid-pipe hangs too low and tends to scrape. Tanabe does'nt make a bolt on system for my year and make, Have considered Thermal Research bolt on but don't know anyone who actually has one to ask for opinion. As far as the DC goes I trust the name and reputation but don't really like the look of the canister (long extention before the tip). Greddy is basically a TRUST. I Need some feedback with experiences and any alternatives. Exhaust note needs to be relatively low don't like loud exhaust or fabricated exhaust prefer bolt-on. :confused:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, on the DC it's not really a long extension....It's just a 1-2" extension to bring the tip flush with the back of the bumper cutout... If it didn't have that it would be under the car...

Oh and the SP has the same extension from the can to the tip.
If you don't like the extension then take a look at the Tanabe Hyper.... The tip comes out from the can... It's kinda weird looking IMO...

But if you want a deep low, not really loud exhaust note then your choices are DC of course (my fav:D ) Greddy SP, Tanabe Hyper or Apexi WS....

Since you have an H22 I would suggest at least a 60mm pipe so that rules out the DC Sports 2.25" (58mm)..... and the WS isn't really staright thru so you'd get the same upper rpm loss compared to the other 2...

Greddy SP has 60mm piping and is straight thru not to mention kinda old school but it has that extension you don't like.... So that just leaves the Tanabe Hyper. I hear it's pretty quiet on Accords but IMO it's about mid level (soundwise) on Civics...

Good luck bro.

Go with the DC Sports and you won't be disappointed:D :D I love mine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
APEXi WS baby! i love it!!! the midsection does hang kinda low, but its not lower than the muffler itself. I has a quiet, deep toned sound, and most people who do exhaust mods don't notice hp increase, but I seriously did!!! I highly recomend this exhaust.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone! But has anyone had any experience with the Random Technology bolt-on system yet? I really like that Stromgh style with the dual rolled tips does'nt attract too much unwanted attention (Sorry for the spelling) The Random R&D appears to be light weight and thats what I'm looking for. It needs to be relatively lightweight. I know there is a trade off with light weight and loudness due to not enough fiber fill in the canister to cut down on weight! Is there a bolt-on systm with the N1 design and silencers for my 92 Accord. The only reason I brought up Random R&D is that I have acquired a hookup and nobodys commented on it yet! I don't want to waste my hard earned $$$$ on a exhaust that I won't be completely happy with because it's too loud. I'll just end up putting it in storage or selling it. By the way If you didn't already know the Random R&D exhaust looks like the Stromgh that I mentioned earlier with the dual rolled tips and it's a bolt on cat back system made from polished stainless steel. I don't know diameter of piping yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 4th gen accord and i recently bought the dc sports bolt on cat-back and i love it... its definately has a nice deep note to it but not too loud... and i cant believe the hp gains from just replacing the stock exhast.... im really happy with my purchace! LoL if that helps any....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.