Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a apexi cat back for my 98 prelude sh, sounds great, been awhile so i cant remember the price, but i have had it on my car for a couple years now, still sounds and looks great, i get alot of coments on how good it sounds...

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have a WS on my 98 Prelude and I was running it with mostly bolt on mods for a couple months. Now the car is in the shop getting turbo installed so I think I need a new exhaust system. ANy comments? I'm thinking about getting the N1. No need for a quiet exhaust when you are running boost. And the N1 projects sideways so that is a plus for looks on a turbo car. What else have you done to your prelude? do you have a sound clip? does it sound like a ricer can or a bunch of bees coming out of it?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have a friend that has one on his GSX, and it sounds great. I figure that might help you since it will probably sound similar to yours if you get one on after you turbo your car. It actually sounds like a WRX with and exhaust on it. I don't see him that much anymore but if I happen to see him I will see if I can get a clip or something.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have a question about the silencer for the N1. Does it lose performance once it is on since the diameter of it is real small and my car is running forced induction. Also, how loud is it with and without the silencer?

·
Registered
86 Posts
rev 2 10k said:
I have a question about the silencer for the N1. Does it lose performance once it is on since the diameter of it is real small and my car is running forced induction. Also, how loud is it with and without the silencer?
It does lose some performance a few hp at all levels. Dont know about second question but everyone has said its loud as hell

·
Registered
38 Posts
im running custom 3" from the dp back, with an N1 on the end, its pretty loud, but it sounds good, really agressive

·
Registered
293 Posts
rev 2 10k said:
It wont be that loud if you have a turbo, a turbo muffles the sound of any exhaust. It will sound good though Im sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got a n1 for my 00' prelude a couple weeks ago. It sounded alright with the silencer but it sounds sick without it. Its only loud at high rpms but it sounds deep not like a p.o.s. I would recomend an n1 to anybody

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
rev 2 10k said:
Also, how loud is it with and without the silencer?
well on my car the difference is not in the low rpm's its in the higher rpm's. without it gets lound but not raspy. but with the silencer it has the same low end tone as without it but in the higher rpm it is considerably quieter.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
SpecialED95 said:
By the way, a lot of my friends have been telling me not to get one because the canister is way too big. For those of you who have an N1, is it really that big of a muffler?
its bigger than some that i've seen but its not huge. there are certain places, where i go, that i can't drive anymore because it will scrape. but thats only over a hump thats going in and out of a mall. every where else it doesn't. even in my driveway which is steep it doesn't

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
SpecialED95 said:
By the way, a lot of my friends have been telling me not to get one because the canister is way too big. For those of you who have an N1, is it really that big of a muffler?
i just realized this thread was really old but this will help its cause, just to give perspective on how big it is on a civic at least

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
apex n1 is one of the best exhaust out there. the price might make some look the other way, but a true enthusiast will defenaly spend the extra buck for something worth it.

Reactions: 98civcEK
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.