Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a N1 for my DX 4dr but I can't find any that say it'll fit a 4dr.

Also, I was reading more about it and the piping diameter is huge. I never realized it was that big. Is this too big? I don't want turbo. Just I/H/E/C ect...

If it's too big what would be another decent preformance/priced exhaust with a nice deep tone to it?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kommon_sense said:
i believe the n1 is 70mm. that would be too big for your setup. I'd recommend staying with 2.25" tubing or 60mm.
Alright.

What would you suggest as a good exhaust with a nice deep tone?

·
Registered
41 Posts
i myself have an APEXi N1 exhaust which is the NA 60mm and mine sounds good to me. its not too loud and will still scream if i take it up top. if u want a deep sound though i would try anotha brand.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
charmer_sfh said:
Thermal is Super Low in sound!...Want loud go with the Buddy Club Exhaust...haaha

Whats the diff between thermal ST and CT?

I don't think ther Thermals fit a 98DX. I looked at the application charts and it said Excluding 96-98 DX...go figure :(

Any other exhausts that have nice deep tone?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
COcivic12 said:
How about Magnaflow's catback?

I'm pricing out exhaust systems as well for when I finally finish my mini-me.
i've only seen people use their mufflers with custom piping.

lol my mini-me is taking a long time cause i'm lazy and don't feel like getting the bent valve fixed. especially since i'm starting to just want a new car. though i may just have this done and call it a day.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
98civcEK said:
greddy evo
Icedveins said:
OhhHh! I forgot about the evo! :clap

Will this work without a cat or will I have a big space? I'm not running a cat (damn DX's)
I dont think i'll get a magnaflow...

anyway, what about the space sence I dont have a cat?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
COcivic12 said:
How about Magnaflow's catback?

I'm pricing out exhaust systems as well for when I finally finish my mini-me.
I had the magnaflow cat back. Fitment and quality were very good. However I absolutely hated the sound, but that is because I *DO NOT* like deep exhausts. If you like deep exhausts, then it might be the right way to go for you.

I believe that www.hottexhaust.com has good prices on the magnaflow setups.

·
Registered
33 Posts
kommon_sense said:
I had the magnaflow cat back. Fitment and quality were very good. However I absolutely hated the sound, but that is because I *DO NOT* like deep exhausts. If you like deep exhausts, then it might be the right way to go for you.

I believe that www.hottexhaust.com has good prices on the magnaflow setups.
Does it have a really loud deep sound to it? How does it sound going to higher rpms?

·
Registered
882 Posts
oh hey hey!!! if u do order from hottexhaust.com, use this coupon code: superhonda

i had it specially made when i bought my magnaflow muffler from them.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
COcivic12 said:
Does it have a really loud deep sound to it? How does it sound going to higher rpms?
I don't quite remember how it sounded at higher rpms, I got rid of it in a month. I knew as soon as I cranked the car that I didn't like it, but like I said, I *HATE* loud/deep mufflers. I got rid of it in favor of an rs-r ex-mag.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Magnaflows have an extremely deep tone. Enough to rattle your teeth out. My girl has them on her 300zx. It's sooo damn deep.

Anyway! back on topic...

Will I have a gap sence I will not be using a cat?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
icedveins said:
Anyway! back on topic...

Will I have a gap sence I will not be using a cat?
sorry been away for a bit. what year civic do you have? if its the 96+ then you just have a header replacing the cat/exhaust mani. so if you get the cat-back for the dx it will bolt straight up to the header. if you got one for the ex then there would be a gap for a cat.

if you have 92-95 i'm not sure.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
98civcEK said:
sorry been away for a bit. what year civic do you have? if its the 96+ then you just have a header replacing the cat/exhaust mani. so if you get the cat-back for the dx it will bolt straight up to the header. if you got one for the ex then there would be a gap for a cat.

if you have 92-95 i'm not sure.

I have a '98 DX. So, as long as I buy an exhaust for a DX i'll be good to go?

I'm having trouble finding exhausts for 4dr DX's :(

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
icedveins said:
I have a '98 DX. So, as long as I buy an exhaust for a DX i'll be good to go?

I'm having trouble finding exhausts for 4dr DX's :(
4dr....2dr....doesn't matter. so yeah if you run a header for the ex and the catback for the dx they will bolt up to eachother.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts