Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1992 civic dx and i was wondering would a apexi universal dunk be loud on my car or if not what would it sound like and do you think it would be worth it to by one with 1000 miles on it for 185$?

thx:D

· Registered
2,356 Posts
jd_civic_92 said:
i have a 1992 civic dx and i was wondering would a apexi universal dunk be loud on my car or if not what would it sound like and do you think it would be worth it to by one with 1000 miles on it for 185$?

thx:D
Read the forum.. 2 threads down is basically the same post..

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well and anouther question if i got a universal do you have to weld it on to you exhaust system

· Registered
2,356 Posts
Yeah.. universal mufflers require welding.. Only axle-back and cat-backs that are car specific just 'bolt on'

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright one more question haha you havent answered it yet is it worth it to buy one with 1000 miles on it for 185$

· Registered
2,356 Posts
Is it just the muffler? If it's the full cat-back, I'd say go for it.. I don't even know how much just the mufflers retail for, so I really can't give you advice there..

· Banned
638 Posts
Yes you have to weld it to either your stock exhaust or custom piping made by a muffler shop or yourself.

you can get just the Dunk muffler for $195 at CivicSuperstore.

man thats one big ''fart can''

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
from that web page you sent me i think that im going to by it but can i change the tip size to i have a selection it donsnt seem like it

· Banned
638 Posts
jd_civic_92 said:
f....but can i change the tip size to i have a selection it donsnt seem like it
the tip is welded on. are you gonna cut it off and put on a new one? I really don't understand what you said :confused:

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no you know how you can get different sizes for the exhaust when you buy it, is there a different size of a tip for it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.