Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about getting the Apexi V-AFC for my '98 ITR and was wondering if anyone has it or has had experience with it. I wanted to get it but was also wondering if it will work better with more mods(get later down the line.) or now(i have a injen CAI right now) and work my way up with it? A buddy of mine got one for his '01 Prelude and he only has a CAI and he got it tuned and it got 10whp with just the Apexi V-AFC

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
the mods will make a litle difference, but you will need to retune after more mods. But I made about 10whp and tw thruout the whole band with a good afc tune

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you're gonna get a VAFC, make sure you also invest in a very good wideband o2 sensor. This is the only way you can "truley" tune the VAFC --meaning, true air/fuel tuning.
With the VAFC you can tune the vtec engagement as well.

I have a SAFC and it's pretty cool...i havent really done any fuel tuning with it, but it does give me an accurate RPM meter...

:)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok then i guess i might wait a little, talk with the guys at the dyn shop about it when i get a pull to see how much stock whp i have. Then go from there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts