Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is under the wrong topic but it looked like my best option. I got an APEXi WS universal and had it attached to my 2.25 inch piping with a resonator because it was marketed (and rumored) to be reasonably quiet. Actual results are much different. Sound output and tone vary depending on temperature and engine load. So, I was wondering if there was a silencer or something that would work for this muffler. I know APEXi doesn't make one for this muffler but I was hoping for a universal or something that worked well. Right now, shutting this thing up is more important than performance. Thanks for any help (or any suggestions) on quieting this thing down.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I jacked up the car and had someone rev the engine for me. There doesn't seem to be any leaks. All the noise is coming out of the muffler's exhaust and this noise only started up when I switched from my Tanabe G-Power Medalion to the WS. The G-Power has easily much quieter.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
the WS is way quieter...there is definately a leak near the muffler then.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it is a leak, that would be the most likely place since only the muffler was replaced last time it went to the shop and it was quiet with the old one. Another thing that makes me suspect a leak is the how the exhaust note constantly changes. When it's warmer, it's quieter but when it just starts or in the cold, it gets fartier and much louder. I really hope it's a leak because it's really bothering me. Thanks for the help. I'll try to get it to the shop tomorrow (if it's open). I'll let you know.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I brought it back to the shop and they found a pin hole leak. Now the tone is a bit quieter but not by much, but at least it's consistant now. I put my air-box back on my filter and now it makes an acceptable level of noise (still too much in my opinion). Thanks for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.