Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Fitment has been a problem with these particular exhaust systems, but with any quiet exhaust, it seems that is the problem. The quieter the exhaust the larger (usually) the canisters are. The twin loops are bulky as well and they're not as quiet as the WS systems. It can be raised 1/2in to 1in depending on application.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Torn :(

About a month ago i let a good deal on a WS get away from me $250 for a WS that was used for about 2 months anyway i let it get away now i have a chance to get a Greddy Evo for about the same price should i just spend my money on the Evo or go head and buy a new WS and have it shipped to me

·
Registered
232 Posts
Jayhova804 said:
About a month ago i let a good deal on a WS get away from me $250 for a WS that was used for about 2 months anyway i let it get away now i have a chance to get a Greddy Evo for about the same price should i just spend my money on the Evo or go head and buy a new WS and have it shipped to me
IMO go for the Greddy EVO. I heard that it fits better.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I just bought a World Sport 2 exhaust for my 93 civic coupe with a b16 swap...

Did they improve fitment at all over the original WS Compared to the WS2?

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have an WS II as well, and I haven't hit bottom yet myself, but I am still nervous about dropping my vehicle because of it, it does seem to hang low, but i haven't had a problem.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have a WS on my 98 Prelude and I was running it with mostly bolt on mods for a couple months. Now the car is in the shop getting turbo installed so I think I need a new exhaust system. ANy comments? I'm thinking about getting the N1. No need for a quiet exhaust when you are running boost. And the N1 projects sideways so that is a plus for looks on a turbo car.

·
Registered
671 Posts
oh by the way i got pulled over for my WS exhaust. it is a quiet almost stock sounding exhaust. the cop pulled me over first for my HID headlights that were too "bright" and too "blue" then she circled around my car looking for other things she can write me down for and saw that i have an aftermarket exhaust and wrote me a ticket and gave me a lecture on how the exhaust has to be stock sounding. she just assumed since it was big it had to be loud. fucking bitch.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
personally... i don't like the sideways look on the exhaust systems.

Not to mention the cop is just a bitch trying to get her quotas probably. Anyway, fight it in court. Always fight your tickets, especially for an exhaust system that doesn't make noise.

·
Registered
972 Posts
rev 2 10k said:
oh by the way i got pulled over for my WS exhaust. it is a quiet almost stock sounding exhaust. the cop pulled me over first for my HID headlights that were too "bright" and too "blue" then she circled around my car looking for other things she can write me down for and saw that i have an aftermarket exhaust and wrote me a ticket and gave me a lecture on how the exhaust has to be stock sounding. she just assumed since it was big it had to be loud. fucking bitch.
wha i have a ws2 and it sounds as low as stock maybe a pich louder, but just bcause she saw a big exhaust she shouldnt write a ticket for dat. did she hear the exhaust?? you can probably fight it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
nope she didn't, i was in neutral plus i turned my engine off and when i started it back up, no loud sound either. they were just fishing after the car meet and i happen to get caught. she dropped out in the middle of the road at night and told me to pull over.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
EITHER WAy... fight the ticket

exhaust tickets are easy to get out of. they have to use a Db meter behind the car in order to give you a ticket for "sound ordainance" or other violations like stereo systems. If the exhaust is under so many db (i think 80db-90db) then you're legal. An apexi ws IS a styling mod more than a 'sound' mod, it produces hardly any sound and is rated the quietest exhaust system next to oem by many magazines and professional tuners.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey guys, i also like quiet but mild exhausts. I have a similar muffler as the RS-R exmag, infact its an RS-R axel back, but my piping is stock. What happens if i go custom 2.25" mandrel bent piping and add a resonator instead of the cat? will it do the same? i cant really afford the 400ish USD (im overseas btw). Im also installing custom 4-2-1 headers...

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
i hate the wet fart sound with aftermarket exhausts for 4cyls, and it seems those people get tagged with the name of "ricer" and i don't wanna sound like that it sounds like ass imho. so... i think this is the right exhaust for me. i ran out of bolt on power mods, except for exhaust. i even have a header, but i still have stock exhaust. how much louder would it be with a test pipe or HF-cat?

·
Registered
482 Posts
krazykloudz said:
i hate the wet fart sound with aftermarket exhausts for 4cyls, and it seems those people get tagged with the name of "ricer" and i don't wanna sound like that it sounds like ass imho. so... i think this is the right exhaust for me. i ran out of bolt on power mods, except for exhaust. i even have a header, but i still have stock exhaust. how much louder would it be with a test pipe or HF-cat?
yea I'm with you on that. In fact, I hate the "ricer" sound so much now that I sold my GReddy Evo to put the stock exhaust back on. I'll take less hp on my daily driver just to avoid that annoying exhaust sound. As soon as I start racing my teg, then I'll think about exhaust.

·
Registered
671 Posts
krazykloudz said:
Well it still won't be loud with the high flow cat. I had it on with headers, hf cat, and the ws...along with a cold air intake. but then i went turbo and it still isn't loud. but i just bought a n1 exhaust for forced induction.

·
Registered
671 Posts
i have a used 3 month Apexi World Sport 1 exhaust cat back system for sale. I have pictures also. It is for the 97-01 Prelude base model but will fit the SH with modifications. I'm gonna list it on ebay later on but I bought the thing new for $350 at a store.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
what's the difference between the WS and the WS2?

21 - 40 of 74 Posts