Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
they fixed some of the fitment problems and from what I have heard it isn't as low hanging and uses light weight piping with flange gaskets isntead of donut crush gaskets.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I LOVE THIS CAT BACK

i got my WS2 put in earlier this week and it is just amazing! its not loud at all. my intake was loud to start with so i didnt want anythin to loud so i chose the ws2. it sounds real quiet except for when i really get on it. it mostly just deepens and mellows the sound of the intake. and i actually do feel a gain! small, but its there. the only gripe i have is that it doesnt fit too great. my shop put a piece of rubber between the muffler and the bumper to stop the rattling and it seems to work great, but every once in a while i can hear it sqeak. but its ok, cus it wasnt meant to be a permanent fix. when i got back to get my header put in, theyre gonna rebend the hangers for me or somtin to make it fit better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Apex WS exhaust

I've been looking around for an Apex WS catback exhaust. I have a 96 Accord sedan, would the low hanging exhaust issue happen on my car as well? Are there any sites out there where I could get a WS or WS II for under 400?

·
Registered
466 Posts
I hope this exhaust is as good as everyone says because mine is sitting in my apartment waiting to be put on. How do I know if its WS or WSII? I got it from Nopi and it said WSII, so I hope I don't have any fitment issues. I'm just waiting to get my cat in so I can put it on. Will the axle back bolt up to the stock exhaust piping? I may just do that for now until I get the cat in...Kteller needs to hurry up already.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
its not loud at all. i think the only diff betweed the WS and WS2 is that ws2 is all stainless steel. the WS is titanium powder coated mild steel. i got mine at performancecenter.com for $389 but it was on sale. i think they normally sell for around $450

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
i have apexi world sport on my car, but it has bad fitness.. no wonder they upgrade to world sport 2. totally bad fitness cuz it wont bolt onto the carsound. i had to pull the midpipe forward for it to fit w/ the carsound. THUS, the midpipe sat lower like it should... damn.. any of u guys had that problem where ur midpipe sat lower cuz of the bad fitness with the carsound catalytic?. anyway, i had to get it cuz i got it for 330 shipped brand-new from ebay. I pretty much like it cuz of it quiet deep sound.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
viet_83 said:
i have apexi world sport on my car, but it has bad fitness.. no wonder they upgrade to world sport 2. .
the only diff is that WS 2 is full stainless steel. i have it on my teg and the fitment isnt great. i think that it fits about the same as the WS

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
druuuu said:
the only diff is that WS 2 is full stainless steel. i have it on my teg and the fitment isnt great. i think that it fits about the same as the WS
i see. sigh.. is ur midpipe sitting low then it should?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
viet_83 said:
i see. sigh.. is ur midpipe sitting low then it should?
no. the only thing wong with mine is that the hangers are too short so the muffler rattles. i put a piece of rubber in there and it works pretty well to stop the rattling.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
druuuu said:
no. the only thing wong with mine is that the hangers are too short so the muffler rattles. i put a piece of rubber in there and it works pretty well to stop the rattling.
the WS doesn't have bad fitness when i hook it up with the stock catalytic converter, but it does have bad fitness witht he carsound. i dont think it's the catalytic cuz it measured at 17" which the stock catalytic is 17" for my GSR. maybe it is.. hahah damn.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
djcaseanova said:
there ARE performance gains on my 01 av6. It opened up the mid range - high range power. It's quiet and looks great. I would buy it again.
i finally took some time to read this whole thread, but i want to bring up to this discussion.

Apexi-world sport and World sport 2 are known for quiet sound, but they are not highly recommended if u want to have all the true power out of ur exhaust system. Why?? To basically sum it up, it actuallly bottling up the whole air due to chambered design in muffler for better sounding exhaust that it obviously u would lose power with this exhaust. I only recommended for another exhaust system to the people who want to get some serious power, but if none of that matter. then i guess it would be alrite. The reason why i got it because i needed to upgrade a little bigger size of exhaust pippin for top end power and also cuz it's quiet. I"m not a flashy type of guy.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well, I just bolted my Apex'i WS up yesterday with a high-flow Carsound cat. I have a D16Y8 with a stock header and a fake J's Racing intake. Damn, I'm in love with my car once again. It sounds perfect, not too loud, but not stock either. In fact, at WOT my intake is louder than the exhaust. I'm not sure if it was the Carsound or the exhaust, but it stank like burning plastic for the entire day (it's all gone now). I had an HX exhaust mounted directly to the stock EX header and it was raspy as hell. With this exhaust, it sounds awesome...didn't really notice any gains, but the acceleration does seem smoother (probably because I didn't have a cat before). The fitment on mine was perfect even with the Carsound. I did have to move one rubber hanger to a different place on the car, but that took all of 5 seconds and fixed the small rattle I had when I first started the car. Overall, I say this is a 10 out of 10.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
kommon_sense said:
where would fiberglass be in a quality exhaust?
i'm not soo sure.. wat was it burning?? when i work with a friend to install the apexi, he warn me that we'll be some burning once the car is ready to go and that from the burning of fiberglass.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts