Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

If any of you are wondering about the Apexi WS2 or how it performs/looks/sound on your Civic, I just had it installed today on my 95 hatch. It's a beautiful piece of work, the stainless steel has a fine polished silver finish to it and it's just damn shiny and nice!

It's a -little- bigger than stock, I found it a little bit too big for a tiny hatchback like mine, but oh well, I'm still lovin it.

The tone is awesome, even from a little engine like mine. It's a deep, menacing, yet clean note and when you drive by, a nice race car rumble follows your car -- the great thing is, it's not even loud at all. In fact, other than the lower tone and subtle deep rumble, it's not a head turner at all -- more like a "that sounded nice".

As far as performance goes, I was told to expect gains of around 3HP, and I'm definitely feeling some improvements in my low to midrange power. The throttle feels a lot more responsive now and you can really notice the pep it adds to your car.

Anyway, pics coming soon, stay tuned!

--Tim

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
95CivicCX said:
Hey guys,

If any of you are wondering about the Apexi WS2 or how it performs/looks/sound on your Civic, I just had it installed today on my 95 hatch. It's a beautiful piece of work, the stainless steel has a fine polished silver finish to it and it's just damn shiny and nice!

It's a -little- bigger than stock, I found it a little bit too big for a tiny hatchback like mine, but oh well, I'm still lovin it.

The tone is awesome, even from a little engine like mine. It's a deep, menacing, yet clean note and when you drive by, a nice race car rumble follows your car -- the great thing is, it's not even loud at all. In fact, other than the lower tone and subtle deep rumble, it's not a head turner at all -- more like a "that sounded nice".

As far as performance goes, I was told to expect gains of around 3HP, and I'm definitely feeling some improvements in my low to midrange power. The throttle feels a lot more responsive now and you can really notice the pep it adds to your car.

Anyway, pics coming soon, stay tuned!

--Tim
ya would like to see pics, i'm about to order mine for my hatchback! i don't want anything to loud

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
89CivicHatch said:
ya would like to see pics, i'm about to order mine for my hatchback! i don't want anything to loud
It's sounds a lot more aggressive than stock but volume wise it's pretty much the same. I was in your exact same position, I hate annoyingly loud exhausts -- you're gonna love it man!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:

So last night, I started hearing the exhaust rattling against my fuel tank at low revs...annoying!!! I'm going to have to get longer hangers or put something rubber in between maybe. I'll keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
95CivicCX said:
Update:

So last night, I started hearing the exhaust rattling against my fuel tank at low revs...annoying!!! I'm going to have to get longer hangers or put something rubber in between maybe. I'll keep you guys updated.
do you have any pics yet?

·
Registered
259 Posts
my friend has one on her 02 civic ex, man that thing has a beautiful tone, too bad there isnt one for the del sol :boo, the engine can be heard over the exhaust but when its coming down from the revs, DAAAAAAAMMMMNNNNNNNNNN

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
95CivicCX said:
Update:

I think you're not hearing the exhaust rattling against your gast tank, but your hearing the piece of shit Apexi ws2 muffler rattling on the inside. I loved it for about 1 day, then it started doing that, its quite annoying. And I have also heard a civc make the same rattling sound with a ws2 before. I am totally dissapointed.

here's a pic for everyone, its my 96 hatch.

·
Registered
156 Posts
its a shame that it rattles, cause otherwise their nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.