Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 00 civic si coupe. b16a2 with a couple of mods including type r cams, port and polish, intake, type r throttle body, stage one racing clutch and lighter flywheel, high compression. i am planning on getting type r headers with an obx cat converter and a new exhaust. which one would be better PERFORMANCE wise? the ws2 or sp2? thanks

· Registered
1,328 Posts
Have a 00 civic si coupe. b16a2 with a couple of mods including type r cams, port and polish, intake, type r throttle body, stage one racing clutch and lighter flywheel, high compression. i am planning on getting type r headers with an obx cat converter and a new exhaust. which one would be better PERFORMANCE wise? the ws2 or sp2? thanks
same thing. apexi = more money. so go for the sp2. i love mine, it sounds great!

· Registered
3,077 Posts
ws2 it's quieter and on a b16 you def don't want to sound like a pissed of b on pcp rapidly masturbating in a tin can
:+1: HAHAHAH

· Registered
624 Posts
WS2 for a stock-enhancing growl with minimal bass. greddy if you want to set off car alarms and basically alert everyone within a 500-yard radius that you are DOWN TO RACE SOME SHIT like the "my new haircut" integra spoof.

apex'i catbacks have always been my favorite sounding exhaust solutions on civics, and they perform well. sounds like a monster in VTEC on the 6th generation Si, and minimal drone in the cabin. not to say the SP2 is bad, or anything like that. i've just never bothered looking into them at all because i simply don't prefer the flowmaster sound.

· Registered
1,328 Posts
WS2 for a stock-enhancing growl with minimal bass. greddy if you want to set off car alarms and basically alert everyone within a 500-yard radius that you are DOWN TO RACE SOME SHIT like the "my new haircut" integra spoof.

apex'i catbacks have always been my favorite sounding exhaust solutions on civics, and they perform well. sounds like a monster in VTEC on the 6th generation Si, and minimal drone in the cabin. not to say the SP2 is bad, or anything like that. i've just never bothered looking into them at all because i simply don't prefer the flowmaster sound.
you've never heard an sp2 exhaust have you? because it is no where as loud as the greddy exhaust you just explained. your probably talking about the greddy evo. a have a sp2 and its really low and always get compliments onit being so.

· Registered
624 Posts
you've never heard an sp2 exhaust have you? because it is no where as loud as the greddy exhaust you just explained. your probably talking about the greddy evo. a have a sp2 and its really low and always get compliments onit being so.
i'm obviously exaggerating about the 500-yard figure, but i've heard both a greddy SP2 and greddy evo on the 6th generation Si and they are both loud and quite bassy, although the evo is moreso; you're correct. the WS2 is certainly quieter than both. you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference under 4000 RPM. VTEC crossover gives it all away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.