Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if a high flow cat such as a random tech would be OBD2 compatible. I'm pretty sure that on my 00EX there is another sensor on or after the cat...can't quite remember. I know it's just secondary but i don't want a CEL all the time.

· Registered
376 Posts
yes they are my friend has a catco racing cat on his hb and there are 2 02 sensors he has a dc sports header then put the secondary o2 sensor in the exhaust pipe behind the cat. so yes they are
by the way your car is an obd2 which means you have 2 o2 sensors

· Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
98_prelude_sh said:
yes they are my friend has a catco racing cat on his hb and there are 2 02 sensors he has a dc sports header then put the secondary o2 sensor in the exhaust pipe behind the cat. so yes they are
by the way your car is an obd2 which means you have 2 o2 sensors
thanks for the info...i know my car has 2 02 sensors. One is on the downpipe and one is after the cat. The one after the cat is secondary, it just tells you if your cat is dying basically. I just needed to find out if the aftermarket cats would let me keep the 2nd obd sensor so i won't have a CEL. Looks like i'll be getting a catco or random tech soon...hopefully it'll free up the major bottleneck in my exhaust system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.