Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about AGX adjustable gas shocks? How do they compare to shocks like Koni? Just wondering cause I see a pretty good deal on them on groupbuycenter.com.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
From what I have read, Koni's are better but the AGX's are still a really good shock to go with.

· Registered
3 Posts
I AGX's on my accord and they are really nice on a 2inch drop. Mine have been on my car for about 25,000miles have been trouble free, being adjustable is great. I've heard that they don't handle well with 2.5inch+ drops.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Yeah, but you void the warranty with most shocks if you go down over 1.5 inches.

· Registered
2,548 Posts
any more than lowering 1.5" and youre pulling out too much suspension travel anyway, so whats the point other than to look better? (and thats TOTALLY subjective)

AGXs are fine for the vast majority of people.

· Registered
2,548 Posts
pushVTEC said:
i'm riding on around a 1.8-2" drop and i haven't had any problems with bottoming out or anything, and i'm on stock shocks right now..

How hard do you push the car? Because those springs have to be killing your oem shocks. Plus the ride isnt dampened correctly.

· Registered
1,379 Posts
i push it hard at times, not one rub, not one bottom out. Sportlines don't kill your shocks too much true it will wear them out fast, but not as fast as other springs. i think i can get probably 1 or 2 months if not more on them. i've heard of people going 6 months on oem shocks with this kit, it all depends, roads are relativly smooth here.

· Registered
2,548 Posts
pushVTEC said:
i push it hard at times, not one rub, not one bottom out. Sportlines don't kill your shocks too much true it will wear them out fast, but not as fast as other springs. i think i can get probably 1 or 2 months if not more on them. i've heard of people going 6 months on oem shocks with this kit, it all depends, roads are relativly smooth here.
Hmm, the fact that you dont have good tires may also have something to do with it, but i bet youre still riding the bumpstops a bit while cornering fast, you just dont realize it.

· Registered
1,379 Posts
i hit the bumpstops once on my stock suspension and when you hit them you know. i'm not saying i'm not gonna get better shocks, i'm getting some bilsteins with my income tax, but i'm just saying my stockers aren't going to blow overnight with casual driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.