Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an h23 that will probably only last me 2-3 more years, then i plan on replacing it w/ an h22, but i want to get a cat back right now. are they direct bolt ons for both engines? thanks.

·
Registered
571 Posts
DTEC said:
i have an h23 that will probably only last me 2-3 more years, then i plan on replacing it w/ an h22, but i want to get a cat back right now. are they direct bolt ons for both engines? thanks.
Yes cat back systems on the 92-94 ludes are all the same. The header and cat is different on a vtec lude then a SI h23a model. The cat is longer on a h22a vtec lude then a h23 one only difference basically besides the header....

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah22aselude said:
Yes cat back systems on the 92-94 ludes are all the same. The header and cat is different on a vtec lude then a SI h23a model. The cat is longer on a h22a vtec lude then a h23 one only difference basically besides the header....
so i can get a cat back system now and not worry about replacing it when i do the h22 swap in a few years?

·
Registered
571 Posts
DTEC said:
so i can get a cat back system now and not worry about replacing it when i do the h22 swap in a few years?
yes but try to find one that is quite -- I put my stock exhaust system back on cause I was tired of my car sounding like a weedeater or buzzsaw....

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah22aselude said:
yes but try to find one that is quite -- I put my stock exhaust system back on cause I was tired of my car sounding like a weedeater or buzzsaw....
yes i know what you mean. right now i have a muffler that's pretty damn loud, and i wanna upgrade it to a full cat back system that isn't as loud, probably one that will come with a silencer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.