Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know if Darton or Bensons sleeves flow enough coolant to be fully streetable.

I am carefully planning a B20/VTEC with a DRAG 3 kit for a street car. Smog is not an issue.

Also I have most of the internals figured out except for pistons...

How street friendly are JE forged pistons? I'm talking about 9.0:1 accepting 15-17 pounds of boost.

I appreciate your help.

Milan

· Registered
8 Posts
hey, my buddys gsr motor got sleved by benson and he has JE pistons in his car and it is perfectly street able. let me know if u got any other questions

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tuan, thank you for that link to overboost.com

That article on Golden Eagle sleeves was awesome. I'm convinced that will be the best way for me to go.

Now... how much could you over bore a B20 block if you're installing the GE sleeves? Again for a turbo application with 15-17psi. Is 2.2L safely attainable?

Which rods and pistons would you install for the street in the above mentioned block?

Again, I always appreciate everyones knowledge and help.

Milan

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tuan, I am going to start saving your responses on my computer. Thank you.

I just got done helping swap a N/A B20/VTEC built by Steve at Skunk2 into a '97 Type-R. It took three of us 4 hours to remove it from a '92 Civic Hatch and install it into the Integra. What a great learning experience that was. There's also nothing else like tearing down a block or a head or tranny and seeing how it all works... or breaks in our cases.

These web-boards and people like yourself make working on our cars a greater pleasure.

Milan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.