Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if JDM Honda parts were just as expensive in Japan as they are over here? I would like to know because I know a few people over there who are not into Honda Tuning. I really want to get some stuff for my Civic. Please let me in on the info!!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Taking an educated guess here; most JDM parts are pricey due to both mark up and the fact that they're imported. I doubt they're the same price (in yen equivalent) in Japan.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
OhSoFast said:
they are probably a bit cheaper - but not by much - The Yen is worth more than the US dollar -
uhm no, 130.865yen is = to 1usd this means a single yen is worth less than a penny:rolleyes: or at least that was the exchange rate at the end of today

·
Registered
26 Posts
The markup is incredible. I was reading an article in super street or scc and they said spoon (i think) was selling vision corners for $20 bucks. They cost like 150 here or something like that. The import business is total profit. I wouldnt doubt they get full front clips for like 500-600 but Im not sure. Please anyone that knows tell me the markup on the stuff like motors, front clips, rims (spoons etc)

·
Registered
56 Posts
The markup is incredible. I was reading an article in super street or scc and they said spoon (i think) was selling vision corners for $20 bucks. They cost like 150 here or something like that.
Yup, exactly true! When I was looking through a magazine, you could get a fixed up spoon del sol for about $6000!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Guys don't forget paying for shipping here, and then all the import taxes. Its not as easy you might think. You can't just have a friend ship an engine as a gift, and not have it taxed and wait till you pay customs ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am now thinking about going to Japan, buying my engine...
The exchange rate is getting better every day it seems.
Then I'll just take that new engine as my carry on!
I am sure that ANA would not have any problems with that.
Because hell, I'm an Amerika-jin damn it. I do what ever the hell I want to.

·
Registered
85 Posts
IF its the same for engines as it is in cars, you have to own the product for a year WHILE YOUR IN JAPAN, and then when you have it shipped back you pay less taxes..

But who knows...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone know of any websites in Japan that are in english that show prices of Honda stuff?

·
Registered
838 Posts
yup, they all got jacked up! that's why there's a lot of fakes JDM style now, and you can get them for a more reasonable price
well still get the JDM look on your car, only without the "Honda" prints on the items

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you, TnyTouchsGrlSKR!!

:vpleased:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any other websites?...anyone!? Maybe a Discount JDM Honda website? Replacement parts maybe?

Oh I made it to 100!!!:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts