Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn i got gipped. i want acura rims

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, they came on the car. i would never waste my money to buy factory rims.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im planning on getting a set of rims this summer. ive been looking at the R1 black 10 spoke with a silver lip or blac ADR sokudo 8's.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
those sokudos are tight...I was going to get some 18's in gunmetal just for when I go to shows...but I decided to get some rotas so I can accelerate faster and have the rims on my car now repainted and sport those at shows...but I have yet to buy the rotas...will happen after I get my swap, which will hopefully be ordered on monday if all goes well...but I'm sure you will have something tight when you get everything together...

·
Registered
676 Posts
I hope you know those came factory on your car. A lot of people dont know that some year and model Integras came with the Del Sol rim...as yours do they just have the Acura logo on it. I thought some lady bought Sol rims but her car was bone stock and i saw an Acura logo so i figured it came with it. I later found out for sure somewhere else.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
VtecSol said:
I hope you know those came factory on your car. A lot of people dont know that some year and model Integras came with the Del Sol rim...as yours do they just have the Acura logo on it. I thought some lady bought Sol rims but her car was bone stock and i saw an Acura logo so i figured it came with it. I later found out for sure somewhere else.
I don't think any integra's ever came from the factory with the del sol rims...they came with fat fives...they look similar but the fat fives look better...take a look at the profile for LEAD...or go to the thread that says, "del sol sightings", and find the quote he put on there and look at his sol...those are fat fives... now look at the del sol rims and tell me if they look the same...honda/acura wouldn't put the same wheels on a del sol and an integra...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they come standard on canadian tegs. apparently mine are sol rims with legend caps. i set up this thread in the teg forum and thats basically what i got out of it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Fat fives...legend caps?

I know about all these rims...yes i know fat fives came on integras and that they are 15s and sol rims are 14s...I've had em both...but i also know that some old lady with a STOCK Integra wouldn't buy some Del Sol rims, then get some "Legend caps" and put them on her car. That isn't the only integra i've seen em on btw. I'm telling you, it must have been a factory option for a certain year...

"honda/acura wouldn't put the same wheels on a del sol and an integra..."

why not, I don't see anything written in stone that would prove otherwise...thats like saying honda wouldn't put the same motor in a Del Sol VTEC and a Civic Si...doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
VtecSol said:
Fat fives...legend caps?

I know about all these rims...yes i know fat fives came on integras and that they are 15s and sol rims are 14s...I've had em both...but i also know that some old lady with a STOCK Integra wouldn't buy some Del Sol rims, then get some "Legend caps" and put them on her car. That isn't the only integra i've seen em on btw. I'm telling you, it must have been a factory option for a certain year...

"honda/acura wouldn't put the same wheels on a del sol and an integra..."

why not, I don't see anything written in stone that would prove otherwise...thats like saying honda wouldn't put the same motor in a Del Sol VTEC and a Civic Si...doesn't make sense.
I don't know anything about the canadian models or what came stock on them but from what I do know I wouldn't know any integra to come with del sol rims in stock configuration...and for the little comment you made about that's like saying honda wouldn't put the same motor in a del sol vtec and a civic si...that doesn't compare to putting the same wheels on two totally different makes...honda...acura...the motors for both the SI and the del sol vtec are both honda motors...whereas del sol rims on an integra are still del sol rims, not integra rims...and I've never heard of having the option to put del sol rims on an integra...who would do something like that anyways? maybe they bought the car that way and didn't know what wheels were which so they assumed that they were integra wheels...like I said before, they look similar but they aren't the same...and please explain to me WHY honda/acura would put the same wheels on different cars...do you see any gsr wheels on any si's coming straight from the factory?...no...those are things people do on their own...

·
Registered
676 Posts
You act like Honda and Acura are like Nissan and Ford. They are the same company just different badging. If you open up any Integra's hood, it says HONDA...not Acura. And no, people wouldn't be asking for Del Sol rims when they buy their Integra, they would just ask for a particular set of Integra rims that happen to be the same as the Del Sol just with a different center cap. It doesn't make sense that out of the 4 *Stock* Integras I've seen with the same kind of rims the Del Sol has all have "switched" from Honda caps to Acura Center Caps. The drivers of these cars i've seen would never mod them, I'm almost 100% sure of it.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
show me some documentation of what you are reffering to and maybe then I will believe you, but until then I doubt that integras would come from the factory with del sol rims...and just because honda and acura are run by honda, doesn't mean that they would incorporate the SAME "stylings" from one car to another...especially when the cars we're speaking of aren't the same...del sol <-----> integra...and I'm not trying to argue with you, but I want to see some proof of this...the only way I see this happening is if the people you are referring to bought their cars from a used car lot where they would just throw on some wheels that look like the fat fives and just put on the acura center cap to throw people off...and then like druuu said, if that's how they do it in canada, that would be understandable...but I still don't see any proof...I think I'm just going to ask someone at the honda/acura dealer and see what they say...I need proof, I don't just take people's word for things...

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
I just got off the phone with the local honda/acura service place and I spoke with an idividual who has been working and dealing with everything honda/acura for more than 15 years...he told me that for the simple fact that acura introduced the integra with 15in. rims, there was no way possible for acura to release anything from the factory with anything smaller...del sol rims are 14 inches...the only way the people you know have del sol rims on their integras is if they bought it from a used lot or what have you, and the people were too lazy to find some integra wheels to put on before the sale...that's it...they didn't come from the factory with anything smaller than a 15 inch rim...the number to the honda/acura service place is 828-258-2256, and ask for Tommy Bell, that's who I spoke with...just in case you don't believe me...and the dead give away should have been a del sol rim, with an acura center cap...

·
Registered
676 Posts
cool, i guess im wrong...but then again, there are integras that came with 14" alloy rims..they are ugly LS mesh look-a-likes. Seems like if that guy was wrong about that, he could be wrong about other things...

haha we been goin back and forth for a while..i like this shit. :tu

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
I'm not a know-it-all by any means...I just like to know for sure what it is I'm talking about...I was about to get ready and just be like ok he may be right on this one, but I had to call someone who knew for sure...that's what he told me so that's what I am going to stick by...at least now we all know...

·
Registered
676 Posts
I feel ya on the wanting facts part...don't mistake me for someone who thinks they know everything as well. We bought thought we were right and now trying to eliminate the wrong answer. Your call may have done it for you, but I don't know how much I trust what people say over the phone, especially when you don't even know them. Again, he was wrong about stock 14s on a car...so what if this isn't that big of a deal and he just told you the first thing that popped in his head. Since you are a man of solid facts, I wouldn't take those so seriously. These are on a hatch but it's the only pic I can find of em. I know they came stock because my friend had em and he kept saying, trade ya for your LS..and all I would do is laugh HARD! haha.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.