Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
For some reason i hate RICE! but i dont find under body's ricey! Matter of personnal opinion iguess! peace

·
Registered
550 Posts
i say if you like em.. then keep them on..
i personally like them too.. but i'm afriad i'll crack them if i install them up here in the northeast..

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think they're a little too much for my taste...and you can see all the mods I've done to my ride. But if you like em, be proud of em and don't let anyone else tell you what you should think about them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
obviously you like em

they arent ricey unless you drive with them on all the time, if you have em for show or for loitering then its all meant for fun anyways. do what makes you happy.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I'm kinda new to this guys.......................but could somebody explain to me what "RICE" means??

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
depends on how it's done. I have 2 18" tubes in my engine bay hooked to a mercury switch so when you open the hood they turn on, 1 10" under each side of the dash to light the front floor, one 10" under each seat to light the back floor up, those four connected to the door dome light and I have a 3 highpower blue LED's instead of a regular bulb for my dome light. I have a 36" in the trunk hooked up to the trunk light(with the bulb removed of course) and I have 48"ers on both sides under the body tucked up next to the oem skirts, a 36" under the rear bumper, and another 36" in nose under the radiator. Out of all of those the only ones you can actually see directly are the ones under the hood, they are there to light the engine up if I need it.

So is neon lame to me? helllll no. I love it. It just has to be done tastefully.

I have the underbody wired to the dome light(when I disarm my alarm at night my car glows inside and out) and I have a tap with a diode to a switch so I can turn them on at night if I feel(the diode is so when I turn the underbody on with teh switch it doesn't turn my interior neon on.

The key to a good neon setup is making it so you can't see them. If you can see the tubes then you are lame lol...

·
Registered
350 Posts
i'd have to say not ricey considering how many stock cars come with "kits" ... ie ALL pontiac cars/trucks! But if done right, very tasteful.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
heh sorry I'm slow, thought he mean underbody neon kits.

ground effects. I love them too. again just as long as they are done with class. there are some fugly ones out there.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Can you have rice on a german car? wouldn't it be spetzel or strudel? How bout an Italian car? pasta? We all know that rice on an american car is just cheese....:rolleyes: nevermind

·
Registered
195 Posts
i think its only "rice" if someone puts them on without a bodykit. I order mine under body neon kit like a few months ago and i am not going to put them on until i get my bodykit.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I think as long as you cant see the actual tubes then it looks pretty sikc.... I saw some on autodynamic.com for $150. Does anyone now how much it usually costs to install them with a on/off switch?? Thanks:cool:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I would think that whats considered a "real" mod on one car might not be on one. For example, lets say the porsche doesn't come w/ a spoiler, chances are it'll be unstable at high speeds, so a spoiler would be considered a "real" mod. This was exactly the case w/ the audi tt and the autobann. Now u stick that same situation w/ most hondas and you get rice.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts