Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess what? I was in my car yesterday and noticed a rip in my leather on the top of my seat. The rip is about 4 inches long and runs parallel with the seam. I take very good car of my leather. I use Eagle One conditioner often and the seats are soft. The car is a '99 and I have the extended warranty. Do you think Honda would cover it? Has anyone else had a problem w/ the their leather splitting?

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have the same problem on my rear seats on top of the head rest part. My leather cracked and burned, I was even treating it with meguairs leather wipes. I think its because my windows arent tinted and the sun baked it dry. :( oh well

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
tint them windows black!!! and keep the seats oiled, I like to use a little saddle soap once in a while, and then leather conditioner. Leatehr needs to be oiled, if you don't it will crack and die.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i got the same problem only that its my front seats. If you have extended warranty it should cover bumper to bumper no matter what. If they start giving you shit about it and tell you that they cant warranty it, call Honda consumer affairs. Im not sure of the number though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i got the same problem with my two front seats. If you have extended warranty then it shouldnt be a problem. But if the dealership that you bought the car from starts giving you a hard time about it call HONDA comsumer affairs, im not sure on the number though.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
accord dude said:
Is this leather thin or cheep or what i have never had this problem with other leather seats.

I dont think we even got real leather. someone told me before only the parts where your body sits is leather other parts are Vinly.

Like teh back and seat where your ass goes is leather then the stuff around it is fake,

I think thats true since i have rips and tears and it dont look like leather it doesnt feel like real leather.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all of your comments.
Here's the deal: I went to a Honda dealer yesterday and they admitted that it was cracked and looked very unusual. However, after talking with a district manager, they are only willing to go half with me on the replacement cost. My cost would be $207 plus tax. I told them to stick it. Then I called American Honda and they basically told me that they won't override the district manager's decision. The car is 3 1/2 years old with 46K miles. The dealer told me that b/c the car was not under original warranty, that's the best they could do - for good will of course. I have an extended warranty thru Honda and they told me that they would not cover it b/c apolstry is not covered under the warranty. So, I ordered a leather repair kit off of the internet for $50. I'll let you know how it works.
Meanwhile, I came home yesterday to find a recall notice in the mall. Seems as though my ignition switch may be bad. I called the dealer and the swiches are on back order.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.