Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Dynamo$ said:
I was these headers on ebay wonder if they are good or just a waste of money :idiots

1st one
2nd one
3rd one
1. DC-S means DC sports style header in which case DC Sports never made a chrome header............................and for a reason.

2. This one has paint on it, I would worry about the burning point of the paint that was used. Some paint is high heat to 500 deg farenheit continuous, some is good to 1000 intermittant and some is good to about 1300 intermittant........

3. OBX isnt that great and the welds would most likely crack or see much faster wear and tear.

Case in point, all those suck if you want it the last a while and still give you any sort of gain.
Also, unless you get the intake and catback exhaust system......you wont get much at all......in fact you will get a whole lot of money spending and see NOTHING for a gain.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
94EXAccord said:
Your not going to notice hardly any difference until you get a high flow cat, and different muffler. Also which setup you go with depends on where your power gain will be 4-2-1 or 4-1. It just all depends
Higher flow intake; full catback exhaust, high flow cat, and then a header would make a difference.
4-2-1 is for a broader power band and 4-1 is for the upper power band in which on a stock accord motor is pretty much useless because riding near red all the time will kill the poor family car engine. The power comes on at 5500 on the sohc vtec accords and i dunno where on the lesser models.....so a 4-2-1 would be more suited to the accord.
Muffler attached to stock exhaust piping wont do much except make noise.....the stock small exhaust piping from the cat, back would still be small and restrictive......and if gets no intake, he is still choked on breathing....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.