Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody play it? A friend is trying to get me to join in, but all I know about it is from what I've seen on YouTube. He says if I like BF I'd like ArmA and that the maps are HUGE.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
I am thinking about picking up ARMAII just so I can play the DayZ mod. Anybody else down for some zombie hunting/survival action?:confused
i really do want to do this, but with everything else i got going on in life right now i dont need to take on another game

also i found out you can play a low res version of arma 2 for free on steam. just google free steam games and you'll find it

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
I been playing DayZ since it released. Most epic game ever!

I have died only once, after about 30days in game, my current char is on day 37 in game. I'm fully self sufficient, I got the tools to hunt animals and cook meat. Packing a Glock17 with tac light, M-14w aimpoint and a couple mags, M4SD with like 4 mags in my ALICE pack and my holy grail NVGs.

I rolled solo for much of my first life, then I met up with the group I play with now. We have had some epic camps, found and raided many other camps, found and repaired many a car/truck/bus and CHOPPA!

Group photo from a couple weeks ago. I'm the guy kneeling between the two guys sitting. There are 4 other vehicles just out of frame.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is very cool indeed! You're a beast at PC gaming so it must not have been hard to find a clan that would want to pick you up. I'd be the guy you'd be looting off of lols.:hehe

BTW: Is it true that the zombies never stop chasing you once they are alerted to your presence? Is melee combat easy, or killing zombs is basically a firearms endeavor?:confused

I have super s**ky aim using keyboard/mouse and could imagine the frustration I'd feel if I couldn't spam an axe/crowbar/knife at the zombs.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
They just changed the zombies to have line of sight targeting, before they would chase you forever and inevitably get you if you dont kill them. Now if you can break LOS they will stop chasing full out then try to investigate where they last saw you.

The zombies are hardcore, they run like dawn of the dead and you need a 7.62 or equivalent weapon to one shot them, unless you head shot them, which is one hit with any gun. I only raid for loot with my suppressed M4. Unsuppressed weapons aggro zombies from all around when you fire which makes your world go to shit real quick. Once you aggro some and you are forced to defend yourself, you must aim for head shots or you will just make a lot of noise before you have to reload and they knock you down and eat you.

Melee weapons just got added a day or two ago and are just proof of concept atm, I have a hatchet but I haven't used it on zombies yet, only to cut firewood, but I have heard they will one shot to the dome as well.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's another noob question... is the firewood to make a campfire to repel zombs? Cook food?

That would be cool is fire is used as a weapon vs. zombs.:aww I could imagine building a fire in a room and seeing if I couldn't round up a train of zombs then test out the game AI by seeing if the zombs would pass through the fire, be repelled by it, avoid the flames and went around, etc.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Wood is to cook food and to warm yourself up at night or when its raining. If your body temp goes down too much you might get sick and then get other people sick.

Zombies are attracted to fire and light sources so it's a bad idea to cook your dinner any where near them.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha, I was watching a live stream of a strong PC gamer who's just getting into DayZ. He was walking along when a fighter jet flew by. LOLS he was trippin' out. That was pretty unexpected.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha. Later on I learned that server jumping was becoming a problem. Like if you know somebody is upstairs, you go to another server, out flank the positions, then go back to the original server to royally screw them over. That is too crazy lols. I would just get destroyed in a game like DayZ haha.:lol2

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Haha. Later on I learned that server jumping was becoming a problem. Like if you know somebody is upstairs, you go to another server, out flank the positions, then go back to the original server to royally screw them over. That is too crazy lols. I would just get destroyed in a game like DayZ haha.:lol2
Yea that is the biggest pvp problem, happens every fucking time you engage a player. We killed 3 players in 5 min who tried to kill us doing that. First guy ran up on us and we lit him up, then he disconnected and his buddies logged in right next to us and killed one of us, but he died too, then another logged in right behind that guy and we killed him too.

They really need to fix that cuz it defeats the idea of building bases and setting up razor wire, pointless when you can hop through parallel worlds and get inside the wire.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HAHAHA!!:lol2

The guys on YouTube I follow are playing DayZ. They came across another group of survivors on the other side of a large clearing. They sniped a couple of the guys and then made their way around the treeline and got the jump on the 3rd dude.

As soon as they started going through the man's stuff... Server was reset! Dudes pieced it together that they had killed an admin LOLS. Talk about being a spoil sport. Resetting the server so they wouldn't lose their gear haha.:hehe

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.